Need Sustainor Sliding Switch Replacements

A family of high-end analog DI and effects gear.
Fdesalvo

Need Sustainor Sliding Switch Replacements

Post by Fdesalvo »

Hi, gang.

I managed to find a replacement input jack online - really tough finding parts for these and many are obsolete. I need to replace the sliding switches (Channel Mode/Compressor Selector) and cannot find a part # to reference. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Any help is appreciated!
X100Ver10

Re: Need Sustainor Sliding Switch Replacements

Post by X100Ver10 »

Fdesalvo wrote:Hi, gang.

I managed to find a replacement input jack online - really tough finding parts for these and many are obsolete. I need to replace the sliding switches (Channel Mode/Compressor Selector) and cannot find a part # to reference. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Any help is appreciated!
It looks like you are talking about the 4 position slide switches. If so, see my last post of another thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=455&start=20

Did you try to clean the switches with Deoxit D5 first? Works wonders. Very seldom do you need to replace switches.
Fdesalvo

Post by Fdesalvo »

Hi,

Thanks for the great response. I haven’t tried cleaning the switches yet, but will. They aren’t causing issues, but are difficult to move to the right position. They tend to end up in between the channel/mode detents unless I’m being overly careful in switching them.
Fdesalvo

Post by Fdesalvo »

I think I’ve sourced a couple potential drop-in slider switches with pc terminals. I’ll update this thread with pics/part#s if they pan out.
X100Ver10

Post by X100Ver10 »

Fdesalvo wrote:I think I’ve sourced a couple potential drop-in slider switches with pc terminals. I’ll update this thread with pics/part#s if they pan out.
Please let us know. I'm very interested.
Fdesalvo

Post by Fdesalvo »

Absolutely
Fdesalvo

Post by Fdesalvo »

Expecting the switches to arrive today, but while recapping and cleaning my new DG, discovered something that helped the feel and travel of the switches.

There are small metal tabs running along the top of the switch, between the detents. The body of the switch itself - the part connected to the black plastic lever- runs beneath these and stops along the detents. I was able to clean the top of the switch where this friction occurs and apply a little lube to the black switch lever. This helped the feel of the travel quite a bit. I can see this being a decent short term solution if one is waiting on replacement switches.

Update soon..
Chuck Nuggets

Post by Chuck Nuggets »

Fdesalvo wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:29 pm Expecting the switches to arrive today, but while recapping and cleaning my new DG, discovered something that helped the feel and travel of the switches.

There are small metal tabs running along the top of the switch, between the detents. The body of the switch itself - the part connected to the black plastic lever- runs beneath these and stops along the detents. I was able to clean the top of the switch where this friction occurs and apply a little lube to the black switch lever. This helped the feel of the travel quite a bit. I can see this being a decent short term solution if one is waiting on replacement switches.

Update soon..
Have you completed this repair? Where did you oder the switched from?