Alternate power supply

A family of high-end analog DI and effects gear.
lento

Alternate power supply

Post by lento »

As I'm in the UK, most of the modules I've seen come with 12v 500ma power supplies. One exception to this is the Guitar Compressor, which has it's own internal one and therefore terminates in a UK 240v plug.
As I use a power conditioner with IEC connections, using the compressor isn't a problem - substitute the plug for an IEC - but for the other modules it's not so easy to find an alternate source that would be able to connect this way .....

Did any of the US rockmodules use external adaptors, and if so, did anyone get around what I've just described ?

BTW, I've finally found a good alternative to the elusive (and expensive) triple footswitch.
Found a HiWatt 4 way LED one in a sturdy metal housing with 2 TRS leads. Got a couple of stereo to mono Y leads and it all works well :D
rbc
Site Admin

Re: Alternate power supply

Post by rbc »

lento wrote:BTW, I've finally found a good alternative to the elusive (and expensive) triple footswitch.
Found a HiWatt 4 way LED one in a sturdy metal housing with 2 TRS leads. Got a couple of stereo to mono Y leads and it all works well :D
I'm using a pair of Boss FS-6's. The left FS-6 controls the Sustainor channel and output levels. The right FS-6 controls the Stereo Chorus bypass and sweep (on/off). If it gets much more complicated, I'll be looking for a MIDI octopus.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keep rockman-gearup.com advertising free. Make a contribution: https://paypal.me/rockmangearup/5/
Guitarvamp

Post by Guitarvamp »

lento wrote: Did any of the US rockmodules use external adaptors, and if so, did anyone get around what I've just described ?
As far as I know, all the US Rockmodules had an internal 120v power supply. I know many overseas units had external power supplies because of the different voltages.

For the switches, any regular DP/DT will work. Easy. Cheap. Simple.
If it gets much more complicated, I'll be looking for a MIDI octopus.
Don't forget to look into the Rocktron Patchmate and Floormate switchers. They will do what the Octopus will do, plus 8 of the remote loops, plus more.
lento

Post by lento »

Well, not much luck in finding a power supply that will provide 3 or 4 separate feeds of 12v AC 500ma.
Out of an exhaustive list here:
http://stinkfoot.se/archives/808
Only 2 or 3 qualify .......and that would involve using 2 of them to supply the necessary amperage !

So, a further trawl later I managed to find this :
www.rockman.fr/Articles/Rockmodules_PSU.pdf‎

I've visited Jark's site many times previously but have never seen this article before. Anyway, it is a great solution for not only getting rid of the wall-warts, but also using US models over here without need of a step-up transformer !

Mainly of interest to the European market, but should you US guys happen to bump into a Euro model that you can't resist .......

Now, just need to find the Stereo Echo, Sustainor 200, Dist ......