Shoutout for the Distortion Generator

A family of high-end analog DI and effects gear.
rbc
Site Admin

Shoutout for the Distortion Generator

Post by rbc »

I spent the last month using my Distortion Generator (DG), letting my Sustainor take a back seat for a while. I've found it to be a very nice complement to the Sustainor and a bit better for overdrive/distortion playing. The DG auto-clean is much quieter than auto-clean on my Sustainor.

My Sustainor, a Blueface, has been refurbished. The DG is a 1989 and doesn't appear to be refurbished. So far, the lack of a gate on the DG doesn't seem to be a problem, at least when used with humbuckers. I am leaving the Distortion Harmonics set to low. Perhaps noise would be more of an issue if you are using medium or high distortion harmonics.
Keep rockman-gearup.com advertising free. Make a contribution: https://paypal.me/rockmangearup/5/
lento

Re: Shoutout for the Distortion Generator

Post by lento »

I'll second the DG for being a nice unit. I have a late edition export model and remember reading that these had improved Auto Cln specs.
Guitarvamp

Re: Shoutout for the Distortion Generator

Post by Guitarvamp »

I agree. I think shedding all the baggage on these units clears things up and just lets them get down to the business of sounding great. :) Even the low serial numbers have enough of a different flavor to have a place in a rack.