More sustain

A family of high-end analog DI and effects gear.
dreamevil

More sustain

Post by dreamevil »

Hi everyone. I have a model 100 sustainor(refurbished). I'm using it with some old stuff but i need more.
Does anybody know any mod or connection syle for more sustain from sustainor?
I mean when i plug a booster or drive pedal from input, it sounds like hell. It only gives you a choice with dist/edge return for a drive pedal, but you need to use it when dist or edge mode active. I only want to use its, compression and preamp with a drive pedal, is that possible?
Or do you know any mods for more sustain ? (with different ics or anything else)
Thanks.
RockmanCentralBob

Re: More sustain

Post by RockmanCentralBob »

Try a Model 200 Rev 20.... or an Ultimatum.
I increased the gain on my Ultimatum footpedal and it goes into feedback pretty nicely.

But if you REALLY want more sustain, pick up a Gibson Collectors Choice #10 Les Paul.
That guitar just sings!!!!
GuitarBuilder

GuitarBuilder

Post by GuitarBuilder »

dreamevil wrote:Hi everyone. I have a model 100 sustainor(refurbished). I'm using it with some old stuff but i need more.
I mean when i plug a booster or drive pedal from input, it sounds like hell. It only gives you a choice with dist/edge return for a drive pedal, but you need to use it when dist or edge mode active. I only want to use its, compression and preamp with a drive pedal, is that possible?
Or do you know any mods for more sustain ? (with different ics or anything else)
Thanks.
What kind of guitar and pickups are you using?
dreamevil

Re: GuitarBuilder

Post by dreamevil »

GuitarBuilder wrote:
dreamevil wrote:Hi everyone. I have a model 100 sustainor(refurbished). I'm using it with some old stuff but i need more.
Thanks.
What kind of guitar and pickups are you using?
I have 2 guitars
Bartolini Pbf-77&55 in one
X2n bridge, JBE Two Tone Neck in other one
GuitarBuilder

Re: More sustain

Post by GuitarBuilder »

The Bartolinis should be of high enough output to drive the Sustainor. If you run the X2N or JBE in single-coil mode you may have an issue. Do the guitars naturally have good sustain (like RockmanCentralBob's LP)? Are they Strat-style guitars?