Sustainor 100 - recap

A family of high-end analog DI and effects gear.
Fdesalvo

Sustainor 100 - recap

Post by Fdesalvo »

Hi, all.

I’m recapping my Sustainor 100 and have only been able to identify the values of the filter caps and a few other 10uf caps sprinkled throughout. Very easy to work on these as it turns out.

Would anyone have a schematic for this circuit? Internet searches yield no results. Hard to believe every electrolytic outside of the filter caps are 10uf, but given their relative sizes, maybe not a stretch when comparing them to the caps I can ID.

Thank you,

F
X100Ver10

Re: Sustainor 100 - recap

Post by X100Ver10 »

I don't have a schematic nor have I changed caps on a Sustainor, however, I have changed out caps on several other modules. What I have noticed is that most of the caps are 10uf 35v but there is probably at least one 22uf 16v and possibly a 220uf 16v somewhere on the board. The caps for the power have always been 1000uf 25v. The Equalizer even has one 3.3uf 50v.

I would recommend just removing them one at a time and documenting the value and location on paper. That is what I do.
Fdesalvo

Post by Fdesalvo »

Thanks for the response. I’ll post my findings once I’m finished.
RockmanCentralBob

Post by RockmanCentralBob »

I've got schematics for just about everything Rockman related, but NOT for the Model 100 Sustainor.
Sorry buddy!
Fdesalvo

Post by Fdesalvo »

Ha! Story of my life!

I’ve recapped the main board. The smaller vertical board (distortion circuit?) is untouched for now. I think there are 2 or 3 electrolytics there that need to go. The values are facing the board, so I can’t see what they are. Usually prefer to buy what I need before desoldering parts, but may not have a choice.
darthoverdrive

Post by darthoverdrive »

It's probably a little late but,
A couple years back I opened up my rock modules to see what parts I needed to recap them. Here are the ones for my Sustainor 100 required.
I never did recap the Sustainor but I did recap one one my DG's.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fdesalvo

Post by Fdesalvo »

That is awesomely helpful. Thank you for taking the time to post that.