Final words about the Rockman experience

A family of high-end analog DI and effects gear.
dreamevil

Final words about the Rockman experience

Post by dreamevil »

First met with Rockman gear in 2009 and tried few of them. (IIB, X100, Sustainor, Chorus/Delay) I've been trying to use the clean tone of Rockman(esp CLEAN2) without hum or hiss for years but at last i give up. I searched everywhere on the web, i asked in this forum many times. I made referbs many times with high quality components (original transformers, original adapters, quality jacks etc). Even i try with quality noise gates still no solution for noise. I could use X100 without any strange noise with batteries only. So i need an advice for an alternative of getting CLEAN2 tone from another gear(s).
Thanks.
RockmanCentralBob

Re: Final words about the Rockman experience

Post by RockmanCentralBob »

Well, Clean 2 is pretty clean, so not sure why you would be getting a lot of hum.
That's usually a ground loop problem.
As for hiss, the Clean 2 setting has the highs boosted pretty hard, so that sounds normal to have some hiss.

I would try either an MXR Smart Gate or an ISP Decimator G-String.
dreamevil

Post by dreamevil »

I tried both with G String Pedal and Hush Rack, Sustainor has a huge hum(even in CLN2). I'm going to try the CLN2 sound with comp,eq,bbe pedals so i need advices.
RockmanCentralBob

Post by RockmanCentralBob »

dreamevil wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:37 pm
I tried both with G String Pedal and Hush Rack, Sustainor has a huge hum(even in CLN2). I'm going to try the CLN2 sound with comp,eq,bbe pedals so i need advices.
If you have that much of a hum problem, then it could be how your home is wired and/or how you have all of your equipment plugged in, causing a ground loop. It could also be the guitar pickups and/or your lighting (if you have florescent lights, then that could be a big problem).
dreamevil

Post by dreamevil »

I have many other pedals, amps using. I have never issues like that. So can you suggest me a comp and eq to tone like CLN2 please?