Power adapter for UDG

The Rockman stomp boxes, including the Ultimatum Distortion Generator and Acoustic Guitar Pedal.
darthoverdrive

Re: Power adapter for UDG

Post by darthoverdrive »

The adapter Dunlop sells for their ACE Series works perfect with the UDG, same plug size and polarity, positive tip-negative sleeve. At least in mine it does. The Acoustic Guitar pedal I picked up however is a different story. The plug size and polarity are different as well as the voltage. I found I can use a typical 9v pedal adapter with it, negative tip-positive sleeve, just a reduced voltage.
darthoverdrive

Post by darthoverdrive »

Guitarvamp, one problem with your older adapters could be the filtering capacitors are worn and are not filtering the AC properly. That will cause unwanted noise in the audio. Many of the newer wall adapters use switching circuits and I have read where those can cause unwanted noise in the audio for some pedals.

Just some ideas.
Ultimatum

Post by Ultimatum »

darthoverdrive mentions "The adapter Dunlop sells for their ACE Series works perfect with the UDG"
Quite possibly will work, but I think this is the same supply as Dale mentions, so it's only 50 mA.....
I think if you call Dunlop and asked them if they recommend it for use with the Ultimatum pedal,
They'd say that it isn't........But worse still, the power-supply that Guitarvamp mentions in his pic is dead wrong and may damage your unit. As that one is probably designed for use with the Dunlop Acoustic pedal I'd guess.
Last edited by Ultimatum on Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ultimatum

Post by Ultimatum »

Well, as luck would have it, the Dunlop adapters are the same. NOT!!!
Ultimatum wrote:Not sure where the "luck" is there Guitarvamp......
You even say yourself in a previous post "It would be 12 volts DC, with a positive tip"
And yet that pic of the Dunlop supply you posted is 18 volt ( not 12v as the original Rockman was )
AND the Dunlop is center-pin negative ( the original Rockman was positive center-pin ) as you know!!!
Well, they are both black, but that's where the "similarity" stops! If that's what you mean by being the same......
:P
Dale

Post by Dale »

The adapter I'm using with mine is a Dunlop ECB005 P/N 19089002001 output is 12v 50mA and tip is positive.
Ultimatum

Post by Ultimatum »

Dale, that sounds okay, but only 50 mA ??? Not suitable over a long period I wouldn't have thought,
That adapter may over-heat at only 50 mA. Guys, I thought this post was about getting something that is at least close to that of the original Ultimatum power-supply. There's a lot of stuff out there that will "work" but just don't be surprised if it damages your unit ( or the power supply ) or both, over time. Here's a pic of my ORIGINAL Ultimatum power-supply again, for those that missed it the
First time....As you can see, the original is 12 volt ( not 9 volt, not 18 volt etc ) It is 200 mA ( not 50 mA etc ) It is CENTER pin positive ( not center pin negative ) But I guess people here are still gonna carry on offering-up unsuitable replacements.......I give up :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dale

Post by Dale »

http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Dunlop- ... /198372893

Acording to the owners manual this is the correct one to use....its kinda pricy.
GuitarBuilder

Post by GuitarBuilder »

Ultimatum:

Could you measure the dimensions of the plug? Ordinary (as in the ones used on modern pedals) 2.1 mm plugs don't seem to fit my UDG.
Guitarvamp

Post by Guitarvamp »

Ok, let's recap: Things have been covered in the first few posts of this thread.

"Does anyone know if the 12 volt adapters that Dunlop currently sells for their line of Rockman ACE headphone amps will work?"
"It should say, right where you plug it in, what the voltage and polarity is."
"+12V"
"It would be 12 volts DC, with a positive tip. (assuming the barrel fits properly and it's at least as much amperage as it needs)"
"Thanks, tried it out last night and it worked great. That will save on batteries."

It was later confirmed again:
"The adapter Dunlop sells for their ACE Series works perfect with the UDG, same plug size and polarity, positive tip-negative sleeve."

Then the exact part number was pointed out as being a Dunlop ECB005, which are available on Amazon for pretty cheap. Not sure why the link I posted changed. It had been that model.

Either way - problem solved, I'd think.

GuitarBuilder

Post by GuitarBuilder »

Dunlop ECB005 is 12VDC 50mA with positive center.