Alternative to Rockman MIDI or triple footswitch pedals

The Single Footswitch, Triple Footswitch, headphones and adaptors.
darthoverdrive

Alternative to Rockman MIDI or triple footswitch pedals

Post by darthoverdrive »

For those who are looking for an alternative foot switching solution for your Rockman setup, here is what I did.
I purchased a couple of those two footswitch boxes and some stereo cables. The jacks are wired for TRS and the cables go from TRS to T and R so each switch can control a different function. This way one switch controls the channel selection of my Sustainor while the other switch turns the rhythm volume on/off. I modified one pedal so the switch can alternate between two devices, say a Sustainor and a Distortion Generator. To utilize the other switch I added a jack and wired it to control another device.

Right now I’m using this with a Sustainor, DG and Chorus/Delay so the switching requirements are simple. I think the whole MIDI pedal and Octopus would be overkill for small setups like this. And who wants to spend $400 for a used Rockman three button footswitch on Reverb? My total cost was around $60.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GuitarBuilder

Re: Alternative to Rockman MIDI or triple footswitch pedals

Post by GuitarBuilder »

Well done!