Troll from Lowellville, OH?

Intended for SR&D gear, derivatives and services.
Forum rules
This forum is only intended for announcements. Trades should be private.
RockmanCentralBob

Troll from Lowellville, OH?

Post by RockmanCentralBob »

Hey, does anyone know of a Rockman gearhead from Lowellville, OH?

This guy's been trolling me on eBay (userid op62b3) on my Rev 20 auction, talking smack about the Rev 20, but clearly not interested in buying it.
(Some people can't afford to play with the big boys toys so they gotta talk like they aren't anything special).

I just had to laugh when he said he could get a regular Sustainor to sound like a Rev 20. I basically told him, yeah, that's why Tom invented it and redesigned the whole damn circuit... because it was easier to do that than just use a regular Sustainor.

I'd just like to know who he really is so I can make sure I don't ever do business with him.
Sunburst

Re: Troll from Lowellville, OH?

Post by Sunburst »

Bob,

Hi!

I've also received snide remarks from him. But he's also done business with me so his bark is much worse than his bite! Takes all kinds...

I can sum up your REV 20 endeavors in one word: WINNING!!!

Very respectfully,

Sunburst
RockmanCentralBob

Thanks Sunburst....Can you tell me his name or anything so I can make sure to avoid him in other forums if I happen to run across him?

He's already told be he wouldn't even give me 1/3 of what I was asking, which is fine with me. Value is all up to an individual to decide, and just because someone thinks a pot of piss with a flower in it is great art worth millions, it still just a pot of piss with a flower in it to me.

I'd really just like to know who he is and his background because he talks like he knows so much about everything (though, he's NOT demonstrated any special knowledge), and yet says I'm "arrogant" for claiming to have special knowledge about the Rockman gear, and the Rev 20 in particular. I mean, I wrote RockmanCentral.com with my buddy Curt, and I've had countless discussions with SO MANY people from SR&D (and Tom himself). I don't say that to boast, I say that to provide my "bonofides" as to where my knowledge comes from so that people will know it's NOT just opinion, but "real" information from the source that hopefully will help them. Yes, there are some things like the Hyperspace Pedal that I'm just simply not at liberty to discuss... but I've tried to answer as many questions as possible and helped whoever I can along the way.

But one thing I don't appreciate is when people take that for granted or are disrespectful about it. I don't think I deserve that. I consider myself AN authority, but not THE authority (that would be Tom and the engineers at SR&D). David, Jark and many others have offered a lot as well. Heck, after seeing Rockman.fr, I decided RockmanCentral was no longer needed because he did such a great job on it. Jark went into technical discussions that I always wished I could do, but just don't have that level of understanding of electronics/physics.

Anyway, if you don't want to post it, PM me.
There's just some people I prefer to stay away from, and this guy fits that bill.
Thanks in advance!!
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Bob,

Hmm... someone who knows everything about Rockman gear from Ohio... is it Tom Scholz?!?

:lol:

I sent you his name privately.

Very respectfully,

Chris... er, I mean Sunburst!
RockmanCentralBob

Thanks Chris..... after telling him that a friend of mine that knows him said he was harmless enough, and a few other things, he backed off and we've called a truce.

I really don't like having enemies, and it's not my first choice. I also hate to be an ass..... but sometimes my patience just doesn't last!!!