Rev 20 Sustainor.

Intended for SR&D gear, derivatives and services.
Forum rules
This forum is only intended for announcements. Trades should be private.
dougall1

Rev 20 Sustainor.

Post by dougall1 »

I have a Rev 20 Sustainor for sale on eBay. Here is the heading it is listed under. It is in excellent condition having been in storage for a long time and not used.
Scholz SR&D ROCKMAN Rev 20 Sustainor 1989 RARE

Thanks.
RockmanCentralBob

Re: Rev 20 Sustainor.

Post by RockmanCentralBob »

Definitely a nice one condition wise. I am curious about the date on it though, considering the date on the schematics is from 1992. Any chance of you opening it up for a few pics of the inside?

Regardless, good luck getting your asking price (no, really). I just posted one I modded into a Rev 20 a month or so ago for $2,500 and there were no takers. They do sound great though! Fhe stock units just don't even compare.
51noname

Post by 51noname »

Yes Bob is right, its a 3000.00 unit at BEST only because of the face plate, what's that worth? and knowing Bob work his probably sound a little better than the original since he just went through it.
I'd be interested in it at a different price though, don't know why maybe after collecting for 40 years its hard to give it up.
RockmanCentralBob

Post by RockmanCentralBob »

51noname wrote:Yes Bob is right, its a 3000.00 unit at BEST ....
Well, hold on. That's not exactly what I was saying. I wasn't questioning the value he gave it, I was only questioning the willingness and ability for someone to pay for it.

If I had a drug that would give you immortality and said I wanted a trillion dollars for it, would you say it wasn't worth it, or just that you couldn't afford it?

I would also say that a factory modded Rev 20 is most definitely worth more than one of my modded units. Mine are great sounding units, but I wouldn't put my skills over Bob Cedro's!!!!!

Thanks for the compliments, but just trying to keep it real... ;-)
dougall1

Post by dougall1 »

Well, yes it is a lot of money, there again it is very rare, look at the ridiculous price some guitars bring and anything else with any rarity. I appreciate that to some it's not worth much and to others a lot. Also, really only a handful of these were made. I certainly appreciate everyones comments and have certainly heard from the bad mouther of a few weeks ago on other stuff I have sold, (he was mentioned in some posts a few weeks ago). Any way, there you have it, thanks for your time, this is a great site.