WTF! Rockadapter?

Intended for SR&D gear, derivatives and services.
Forum rules
This forum is only intended for announcements. Trades should be private.
X100Ver10

WTF! Rockadapter?

Post by X100Ver10 »

Ok Chris or anybody. What the heck are these and for what purpose? I've never seen these.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-3-Tom-S ... Swry1Z-0nk

Hooking several Rockman amps in series perhaps?
Sunburst

Re: WTF! Rockadapter?

Post by Sunburst »

Oh... that's an easy one!

These are for when you want to plug your Rockadaptor adapter (that requires a 6 volt +/- side adapter - NOT INCLUDED HERE!) into either the 1/4" GUITAR INPUT or low level OUTPUT of your original ROCKMAN, X100, BASS ROCKMAN, or SOLOIST headphone amplifier. I have no idea why you would want to do that - it would have no conceivable function - but to each his own!

:D

Or maybe you just want to dangle a Rockadaptor adapter from the input jack of your guitar? Or your amplifier? Or the mixing board?

Or, of course, you could be a GIANT and have a really big X100 (an X1000?!?) that requires a 1/4" power cable plug? Although the transformer (NOT INCLUDED HERE) would be huge so that's probably not it...
Fireful0

Post by Fireful0 »

Man, that's weird.
That is a pretty good deal for three rock adaptors, if they actually were original. ;)
X100Ver10

Post by X100Ver10 »

Fireful0 wrote:Man, that's weird.
That is a pretty good deal for three rock adaptors, if they actually were original. ;)
No doubt. I would buy them just for the Rockadaptor parts but the almost $60 shipped price is too steep.

I sent the seller a request for an inside picture of one of them and also asked him what the heck is their purpose. I guess the headphone end must plug into some sort of +, - 6 volt power supply because I doubt that circuitry for that is still inside the Rockadaptor, especially since the led's are missing. We'll see what he says.
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Rockman jewelry?!?

If they don't have LEDs, they are ROCKADAPTOR adapters, which allow you to use a 6 volt +/- side adapter with the early Rockman headphone amps without the side jack.
X100Ver10

Post by X100Ver10 »

Sunburst wrote:Rockman jewelry?!?

If they don't have LEDs, they are ROCKADAPTOR adapters, which allow you to use a 6 volt +/- side adapter with the early Rockman headphone amps without the side jack.
They have the holes for the LED's. The LED's are just missing. I believe they are the regular Rockadaptors that originally had the cord and electrical outlet plug attached. Based on the missing LED's however, they have probably been stripped of their internals.

I haven't heard back from the seller yet.
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Me neither. And it hurts...

:(

What were we talking about again?