My Rockman rig w/RMC Modular Headcase

A dedicated forum for posting pictures and other information about Rockman rigs.
67Mopar

Re: My Rockman rig w/RMC Modular Headcase

Postby 67Mopar » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:02 am

I have a spare Stereo Chorus, Stereo Delay, and 2 x Sustainor units. If I didn't use the shorter delay time in the Chorus/Delay 100, I would install the Stereo Chorus. I suppose I should have gotten the 7 space RMC head case, but I wanted it to look less like a rack, more like a standard head.

jksmith

Postby jksmith » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:35 am

67Mopar wrote:I have a spare Stereo Chorus, Stereo Delay, and 2 x Sustainor units. If I didn't use the shorter delay time in the Chorus/Delay 100, I would install the Stereo Chorus. I suppose I should have gotten the 7 space RMC head case, but I wanted it to look less like a rack, more like a standard head.

Nope.....that's why you get another head case. That way you can build a 2nd rig :)

67Mopar

Postby 67Mopar » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:25 pm

jksmith wrote:
67Mopar wrote:I have a spare Stereo Chorus, Stereo Delay, and 2 x Sustainor units. If I didn't use the shorter delay time in the Chorus/Delay 100, I would install the Stereo Chorus. I suppose I should have gotten the 7 space RMC head case, but I wanted it to look less like a rack, more like a standard head.

Nope.....that's why you get another head case. That way you can build a 2nd rig :)

:D

67Mopar

Postby 67Mopar » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:22 pm

Tried running the Stereo Chorus in place of the Chorus-Delay… I prefer the Chorus-Delay, IMO, it sounds more transparent. May be its Panasonic MN3005 chip, I'm not sure? The Stereo Chorus may have an adjusted output impedance compared the the C-D. If I run the SC + SE in my Guytron loop, the SC buffers signal; thereby preventing clipping of the SE input. If I run the C-D in place of the SC, that SE clips badly. There may be differences in SE units, one to the next... Seems I once heard that SR&D made some changed in the later SE units. I love having the additional foot-switchable delay option of the Chorus-Delay.

Return to “Post Your Rig”