Rockman Sustainor

A dedicated forum for posting pictures and other information about Rockman rigs.
rbc
Site Admin

Rockman Sustainor

Post by rbc »

My recently acquired Rockman Sustainor.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keep rockman-gearup.com advertising free. Make a contribution: https://paypal.me/rockmangearup/5/
Guitarvamp

Re: Rockman Sustainor

Post by Guitarvamp »

Awesome!! How does it sound? How do you like it compared to the headphone unit?

Hope you know this, but I'll say it anyhow - you'll get the best overall sonic quality through headphones and not the amp. Just saying. :) (I know, it goes against everything we've ever learned, heard, and seen.)
rbc
Site Admin

Post by rbc »

Guitarvamp wrote:Awesome!! How does it sound? How do you like it compared to the headphone unit?

Hope you know this, but I'll say it anyhow - you'll get the best overall sonic quality through headphones and not the amp. Just saying. :) (I know, it goes against everything we've ever learned, heard, and seen.)
Oops. The picture is misleading. The Sustainor was sitting on top of my Peavey, but not connected to it. I ran it into my little mixing board and used headphones. It sounds great. I particularly like the CLN2 sound. Despite the Sustainor's (100A) age, it's quieter than my new Dunlop Ace.
Keep rockman-gearup.com advertising free. Make a contribution: https://paypal.me/rockmangearup/5/
Guitarvamp

Post by Guitarvamp »

rbc wrote: It sounds great. I particularly like the CLN2 sound.
Cool! Not that you needed any convincing, though. ;)

rbc wrote:Despite the Sustainor's (100A) age, it's quieter than my new Dunlop Ace.
I'm pretty sure the Ace has an adjustable gain pot inside. While giving you more gain, it also packs on the noise. Cool units, though.