Desktop Recording Half Rack

A dedicated forum for posting pictures and other information about Rockman rigs.
Inventive

Desktop Recording Half Rack

Post by Inventive »

Working a direct recording desktop half rack.

What do you think?

* Odyssey half rack shelves
* LM Cases 4U half rack

What modules would you choose if it was limited to only four?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Inventive

Re: Desktop Recording Half Rack

Post by Inventive »

RockmanHalfRack2.jpeg

Another idea!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dansgrandpapa

Post by dansgrandpapa »

Great question!
Desktop recording rig, to me anyway, kind of implies the availability of outboard toys like delays and chorus, so if that were the case, I would go with Sustainor, looped EQ, post EQ and a MO for switching during the track.
I have REALLY fallen hard for the SC and the SE, so if no outboard toys were in the equation I would go Sustainor, looped EQ, SC and SE.

When I started my rig recently I bought a 3RU box and was out of room before I was even done...
These things are addicting turns out. :)

All the Best,
Doug
Inventive

Post by Inventive »

Desktop recording rig, to me anyway, kind of implies the availability of outboard toys like delays and chorus, so if that were the case, I would go with Sustainor, looped EQ, post EQ and a MO for switching during the track.
I have REALLY fallen hard for the SC and the SE, so if no outboard toys were in the equation I would go Sustainor, looped EQ, SC and SE.
I like your thinking... It almost seems like there would be two of these half racks..

Sustainer, EQ, EQ, MO for the basic clean and dry sounds then put the effects in a second rack. Pre-EQ -> Echo SC, MO.