Pictures from the Boston Tour

Discussion and topics that don't fit elsewhere.
rbc
Site Admin

Pictures from the Boston Tour

Post by rbc »

Now that Boston is out on the road, there should be opportunities to get some great pictures of the gear on stage. If you happen to take some pictures of the Boston gear, we'd love to see it posted here.

Thanks in advance,

--Bruce
Keep rockman-gearup.com advertising free. Make a contribution: https://paypal.me/rockmangearup/5/
Guitarvamp

Re: Pictures from the Boston Tour

Post by Guitarvamp »

Especially the backs of the racks and headcases. :)
iZheil9152

Post by iZheil9152 »

well...
I asked Victor if i could take pictures of the gear (from on stage). He did not reply... So I guess that is a solid NO :cry:
rbc
Site Admin

Post by rbc »

Oh well, there are always telephoto lenses ;)

It won't be any good for the back of the racks though...
Keep rockman-gearup.com advertising free. Make a contribution: https://paypal.me/rockmangearup/5/
Guitarvamp

Post by Guitarvamp »

iZheil9152 wrote:well...
He did not reply... So I guess that is a solid NO :cry:
That means he didn't reply. ;) A "NO!" is a solid no.
rbc wrote:It won't be any good for the back of the racks though...
The back of the racks is where the signal chain is. It would also show which units are actually in use, and not just powered on. Why would that be no good? We know what the fronts look like.
iZheil9152

Post by iZheil9152 »

That means he didn't reply. A "NO!" is a solid no.
True, except when I asked him some things before, he would always reply within a day. Also, with the chat I'm using, I can see when he read my message and can tell he deliberately chose not to answer.
The back of the racks is where the signal chain is. It would also show which units are actually in use, and not just powered on. Why would that be no good? We know what the fronts look like.
Because if you get one shot to look at something, you have no depth perception of where the cords are going, how many cords might be behind it, where a cord cuts off behind another cord, power cords, midi cables, low resolution cameras, etc. Go to the Tom Scholz "Sound Machine" video on YouTube and pause the video at 1:48

But you do bring up a good point: what units are actually in use?
I've watched ALL of the videos that show off Tom's setup (live performances, interviews, etc). In all of them, no lights ever light up on the ultimatum half rack (there is a power led and bypass led). I wonder why he carries it around with him if he never uses it?
Guitarvamp

Post by Guitarvamp »

iZheil9152 wrote:
Because if you get one shot to look at something, you have no depth perception of where the cords are going, how many cords might be behind it, where a cord cuts off behind another cord, power cords, midi cables, low resolution cameras, etc. Go to the Tom Scholz "Sound Machine" video on YouTube and pause the video at 1:48
You can't compare a crappy, low-resolution, shaky Youtube video to a decent quality photo. Hence why you'd want photographs. And camera phones are not photographs. :lol:

You would also want to shoot them at an angle where you could make things out, and not an artsy down-the-aisle shot like they did in the video.

There are many EQs (potentially) in play here. Where they are at in the chain would play a huge role in overall tone. And like we said - looking at the front doesn't even mean they are in the chain at all. We need pictures of the back.
iZheil9152

Rockman Heads "For Show"

Post by iZheil9152 »

These are the stage heads behind Gary Pihl. They are just for show.

*This post will be updated with more pics soon
rbc
Site Admin

Post by rbc »

Thanks for the picture! I guess it would make things pretty difficult for the front of house mix if they put much power out of the Rockman Guitar Monitors on stage.
Guitarvamp

Post by Guitarvamp »

Great picture! Thanks! Kind of surprised that there's that many Rockmodules not in use.

Maybe they've secretly switched to Line 6 products now. :lol: