Boston in Japan

Discussion and topics that don't fit elsewhere.
rbc
Site Admin

Boston in Japan

Post by rbc »

Boston starts touring in Japan this coming week. If anyone knows Japanese guitar gear fans, this is a good time to plug them into the world of Rockman gear. Make sure they know about the shows.

Thanks in advance,

--Bruce
Keep rockman-gearup.com advertising free. Make a contribution: https://paypal.me/rockmangearup/5/
iZheil9152

Re: Boston in Japan

Post by iZheil9152 »

Interesting how they pulled these full heads out of nowhere and duct-taped the rockman logo's back on the cabs for the Japan shows.
Screen Shot 2014-10-04 at 3.43.05 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Guitarvamp

Post by Guitarvamp »

iZheil9152 wrote:Interesting how they pulled these full heads out of nowhere and duct-taped the rockman logo's back on the cabs for the Japan shows.
I'd have to go back through old tour pictures, but I seem to remember more of a variety of things (cabinets, headcases, units in the heads, etc). Those cabinets are all exactly the same, with taped-over logos, all the headcases are exactly the same (SR&D), and all the units in those cases is exactly the same. Kinda odd.

Or, a more realistic reason - it's easier to have fake heads, and cabinets from someplace local (with the Rockman logo). No shipping of heavy gear involved. :)
iZheil9152

Post by iZheil9152 »

Putting (or should I say taping) the rockman logo's on the cabs is clearly deliberate. I know they used to be there when Scholz ran SR&D, but he removed them when he sold the company (so I hear...). What could he gain by putting rockman logo's on everything? Not like it's marketing dunlop's one rockman product...
Guitarvamp

Post by Guitarvamp »

iZheil9152 wrote:Putting (or should I say taping) the rockman logo's on the cabs is clearly deliberate. I know they used to be there when Scholz ran SR&D, but he removed them when he sold the company (so I hear...). What could he gain by putting rockman logo's on everything? Not like it's marketing dunlop's one rockman product...
Funny you say this.... as I was looking over the picture, I wondered the exact same thing.

They could have just taped over existing logos, including the Rockman gear, and been fine. SR&D is no more, Rockman (for all intents and purposes) is no more.

Why are they pushing a defunct business and their out-of date no-longer-made gear?
rbc
Site Admin

Post by rbc »

I wish I could add to this, but all I have is speculation. It is interesting that it was done in Japan and not the US. Perhaps there's a difference IP wise, or something has changed between the US and Japan tours. Perhaps something is in the works.
Keep rockman-gearup.com advertising free. Make a contribution: https://paypal.me/rockmangearup/5/
iZheil9152

Post by iZheil9152 »

Nevermind... Pretty sure I know what happened

Like you said Vamp, they are local (rented) cabs. Scholz probably need to cover up a brand logos on the rented cabs... so he put the rockman logos there
Guitarvamp

Post by Guitarvamp »

Yeah, but WHY did he put the Rockman logos on them? He could have just blanked-out the original logos.

Can you be endorsed by an out-of-business company? :?
Ultimatum

Post by Ultimatum »

Judging by that pic, they've just finished playing, so you'd expect to see those "heads" to all be lit up with those Rockman lights we all love, but there's no sign of any LEDs on at all...So it makes me wonder if they were just perhaps using one miked 4x12 each somewhere, and that the "heads & stacks" are just stage dummies made from wood or similar, purely for show!?!
GuitarBuilder

Post by GuitarBuilder »

If you compare them to photos of the 2014 US tour:

http://www.jonviscott.com/boston-2014-t ... 2#h68354f2

you'll see that the ones in Japan are fake.