Rockman MidiPedal Issue - Please help

Discussion and topics that don't fit elsewhere.
GuitarBuilder

Re: Rockman MidiPedal Issue - Please help

Post by GuitarBuilder »

Try contacting Dave Accomando at PerfectSoundRockRefurbs,com or David S.G. Ferringer at Rockman-Repair.com
Last edited by GuitarBuilder on Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Well I took my 2nd pedal apart last nigh because I accidentally hit the 5-10 button that I don't use because it doesn't work and this time it stayed stuck and wouldn't reset after powering it down and then back up.
I found that the plastic piece on one side was broke off and holding the button down, I also found that another button had the same problem the 4-9 but it was broke in a different place instead of breaking off at the base it was broke at the 90 that actually hits the switch on the board. I took both out and tried to super glue back in place but neither attempt worked :oops:

I guess I will have to order a broken pedal to act as a parts downer as I don't believe replacement parts can be ordered, can they?
carl170

Post by carl170 »

Sadly, no, you cannot get spares anymore.

When I get time I am going to see if I can fashion a prong out of spring steel. It will epoxy to what remains of
of the plastic piece.

Regards

Carl
Dale

Post by Dale »

Lost the use of another button yesterday on my second pedal. Down to just 2 that work out of the five now. Has anyone had any luck finding a successful repair piece?
carl170

Post by carl170 »

Dale,

Sadly, every avenue I have tried has drawn a blank. I will make this my winter project and let you know how I get on.

Regards

Carl
Desdinova

Post by Desdinova »

I would poke around for a trashed midi pedal. They seem to pop up often enough and cheap enough, and salvage the needed parts from it.

But back in the day, I would stomp the daylights on these units as they were essentially unbreakable. I knew several guys who used them that didn't use any other rockman stuff but the pedal because was indestructible... well maybe not we find out.
iZheil9152

Post by iZheil9152 »

Is this part one that could be 3D printed? If so i might be able to help you out. I have never opened up my pedals so I don't know the dimensions of the piece you are talking about
carl170

Post by carl170 »

iZheil9152 wrote:Is this part one that could be 3D printed? If so i might be able to help you out. I have never opened up my pedals so I don't know the dimensions of the piece you are talking about
This may be a stupid question, but are 3d printed parts very flexible?

If so, then yes, someone could churn these out perfectly each time. That would be amazing to keep these old pedals going!

This could be a great idea!

Regards

Carl
Dale

Post by Dale »

I would imagine it could be 3D printed. The part is small maybe 1 inch by 1 inch square. If you have a midi pedal could you take it apart and remove the black plastic part under the button and scan? I don't know what material would work best to print it out in.
If the printed part worked well , is strurdy and is cost effective you may have a replacement part that could have a small albeit much needed market. Especially for people that don't realize why their pedal doesn't work right or is getting hard to change channels on
iZheil9152

Post by iZheil9152 »

The filament of 3D printers is very flimsy when thin - kinda like guitar picks. The printer belongs to a friend who will let me make whatever with it. The only problem is I don't have a scanner, so making it will be trial and error.