Rockman MidiPedal Issue - Please help

Discussion and topics that don't fit elsewhere.
tbonuss

Re: Rockman MidiPedal Issue - Please help

Post by tbonuss »

Hey folks--Here's what I just did. First tried to use different types of epoxy, including JB Weld Plastic Weld. No good. So...here's what I did that works great for when both clips are broken off, and also when only one is broken off. Same solution, trap a broad rubber band underneath the button surround, draw it tight, and clamp it down with the screws. When both are gone, I built up the rubber band with two layers of self sticking velcro tape, then two layers of Gorilla tape. When you are done, just trim the rubber bands close from the top. Hopefully that makes sense.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rbc
Site Admin

Post by rbc »

Hey tbonuss, thanks for joining us!
Keep rockman-gearup.com advertising free. Make a contribution: https://paypal.me/rockmangearup/5/
tbonuss

Post by tbonuss »

You are welcome! Hope that fix works for everyone--it works perfectly for me, so if anyone has any problems, I'd be interested to hear what the issues are.
carl170

Post by carl170 »

Thanks for that! I'm going to try that later and will let you know how I get on. Sometimes a different approach gives tha answer!

Regards

Carl
GuitarBuilder

Post by GuitarBuilder »

Looks like a solution MacGyver would be proud of!
iZheil9152

Post by iZheil9152 »

So I took my pedal apart to measure the plastic piece you guys needed printed and saw this:
IMG_0495.JPG
IMG_0496.JPG
IMG_0497.JPG
Apparently I don't have the clip in my revision, but I'll check my other pedal

Edit: both pedals are the same. If you guys want me to make you a print I'll need someone to send me theirs or give me exact dimensions somehow
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Wow that is interesting! Wonder if yours is one of the last ones built. Can you still read the serial number and if so what is it.
iZheil9152

Post by iZheil9152 »

Serial Numbers 5596 and 2876. I put one (2876) of the PCB above with its rev #. I didn't open up my other one fully since I broke a PCB trace the first time
tbonuss

Post by tbonuss »

Mine is 1990 Rev 5.0, which would be after that one. SN MP06947.

Oh, and BTW, the button that had both clips broken off and I repaired with the purple rubber band and gorilla tape is the best button in the pedal (better than the original 2 clip buttons or the repaired 1 clip buttons). If I wasn't concerned about resale value, I would absolutely cut / break all the clips off and use the rubber bands.
iZheil9152

Post by iZheil9152 »

tbonuss wrote:Mine is 1990 Rev 5.0, which would be after that one. SN MP06947.

Oh, and BTW, the button that had both clips broken off and I repaired with the purple rubber band and gorilla tape is the best button in the pedal (better than the original 2 clip buttons or the repaired 1 clip buttons). If I wasn't concerned about resale value, I would absolutely cut / break all the clips off and use the rubber bands.
You or someone else here could send me a clip so I could 3D print a lot of them for you guys