Rockman Gear Up Quarterly Update

Discussion and topics that don't fit elsewhere.
rbc
Site Admin

Rockman Gear Up Quarterly Update

Post by rbc »

I thought I’d pass on some updates about what happened with the rockman-gearup.com forum over the last quarter, along with a look back at the year so far.

Eight new users joined us. That gets us up to 106 members. I’d like to thank our new users for joining the forum. The more the merrier.

There are some upcoming technical changes in the forum software. I’m still contemplating the upgrade from phpBB 3.1 to phpBB 3.2, that I mentioned during the last quarter. the phpBB project released a maintenance update to 3.1, but I think it might be the last. I’ll provide more information about the upgrade later on.

It’s also time for the rockman-gearup.com quarterly fund raiser. Our forum exists because of loyal contributors like yourself. There are a lot of ways to contribute. Participation and advocacy are critical. Another way is financial. Hosting web sites isn’t free. There are costs associated with server hosting, domain registration and purchasing encryption certificates for running a secure web site. Contributions are always welcome.

I'll suggest a $3 contribution. You can change that to a different amount. You might consider $5, $10 or $20. I don’t have a 501(c)3 organization, so I can’t offer a tax write-off at this time.

The contributions help defray the cost of operating rockman-gearup.com. The idea is to keep the forum ad-free. Funds are used to pay for the operations, maintenance and promotion of the web site. Please let me know if you have any comments or questions. Tell a friend! Here’s the link:

https://paypal.me/rockmangearup/3

For those of you who have heard this pitch, I'm preaching to the choir. For new members, this is intended as some gentle encouragement. Thanks in advance for any and all contributions!

Lastly, thanks for being a member with rockman-gearup.com. Please let me know if you have any comments
or questions.

Thanks,

—Bruce
Keep rockman-gearup.com advertising free. Make a contribution: https://paypal.me/rockmangearup/5/