An old website suddenly re-emerged...

Discussion and topics that don't fit elsewhere.
RockmanCentralBob

An old website suddenly re-emerged...

Post by RockmanCentralBob »

Wolfy

Re: An old website suddenly re-emerged...

Post by Wolfy »

Hey Bob this was the site that got my interest back for everything Rockman. Missed seeing a lot of the info you have here. Great to see it back up! Is it permanent? Thanks!
RockmanCentralBob

As of now, yeah, it should be permanent.
GuitarBuilder

Post by GuitarBuilder »

Welcome back, Bob! I never quite understood why you took it down in the first place. It's a fabulous site! I look forward to you adding new stuff!
RockmanCentralBob

GuitarBuilder wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:13 am Welcome back, Bob! I never quite understood why you took it down in the first place. It's a fabulous site! I look forward to you adding new stuff!
I had practically quit playing for a while so my interest level was pretty much gone.
I also felt that Jark's site made it mostly obsolete, so I didn't see the point in keeping it online.
By that point I got tired of paying the web hosting fees for something I didn't care much about for anymore.
It wasn't much, only $13 per month, but I rarely, if ever, got donations to keep it running and over the years it just started adding up and I got sick of it.

But since then, sometimes when I'd be searching around, I'd find references to it here and there.
People would comment about how much they enjoyed the site and that they missed it.
Bruce had offered many times to host it, and we would talk about it a bit, but then I would back out (sorry Bruce!).

But I've gotten back into playing again, albeit with a Kemper profile of my Rockman Rev 20 Sustainor.
I've been re-recording my old backing tracks and re-learning all the songs so I can play through them again.
I still don't think anyone will ever want to sit through a 2 hour set of me cranking out one Boston tune after another, especially since most of them don't have any vocals (I really need to find someone that can sing these so they will be complete!!!!)
But if I post them on YouTube and link them from RockmanCentral, maybe someone will find them a little easier.
It keeps me motivated to keep learning and practicing if others find interest in my playing.
Maybe someday I'll find some locals that would actually want to play out once in a while.... that would be fun on occasion.

Since I finally got my way in putting this discussion board directly within the Rockman Central frame, maybe we will get some more members here.
That might help some of the guys like Sunburst who buy, sell and trade here ... they can earn a little extra and help those looking for gear.
Maybe the guys doing refurb work on Rockman gear would be willing to donate a little to the board to help offset some of Bruce's hosting costs too.
If so, I'd be happy to put a direct link to their site to help them get more business as well.
With all that in mind, I finally decided maybe it was worth bringing back.
Make it what it was intended to be from the start... the Center of the Rockman world on the Web.

I contacted Bruce again late last year when I took time off for a surgery and started going through the old files, cleaning them up here and there.
Not a whole lot of changes, but a little in some of the wording on a few pages, a little extra content and some additional links to other sites.
A lot of the tour info is way out of date.... David Sikes hasn't been with Boston since the late 90's!!
I wanted to update some of that too, but figured I'll get to it at some point (I should just remove the links for everyone but Tom and Gary).
The gear for the Drums, Bass and extra guitarists hasn't changed much anyway... just who's playing them.

Anyway, that's the story! ;-)
Boogieman

Post by Boogieman »

Thank you, Bob, for resurrecting your site. It was my Rockman encyclopedia. I hope it will stay on for good for all Rockman fans.