What is your most sought-after piece?

Discussion and topics that don't fit elsewhere.
Guitarvamp

What is your most sought-after piece?

Post by Guitarvamp »

What Rockman piece is most sought after by you - your Holy Grail of Rockman things?

For me.... hmmm... Probably a revision 20 Sustainor or a nice XPRa (since I don't have one of those).
ned911

Re: What is your most sought-after piece?

Post by ned911 »

PGE-2 or XPRa/XP100a
lento

Post by lento »

Guitarvamp wrote:Probably a revision 20 Sustainor
One on Craigslist for a little over 3k :o

At the moment I would be happy to just find a triple footswitch .....without breaking the bank ;)
Guitarvamp

Post by Guitarvamp »

lento wrote:
Guitarvamp wrote:Probably a revision 20 Sustainor
One on Craigslist for a little over 3k :o
I assume that's the one that was on Ebay a little while ago? If I had $3,000, I'd spend it on that. :) Totally worth it, I think.

lento wrote:At the moment I would be happy to just find a triple footswitch .....without breaking the bank ;)
Yeah, prices on everything are through the roof it seems.
Not trying to steer you away from it, but you could make one for dirt cheap.
rbc
Site Admin

Post by rbc »

Guitarvamp wrote:What Rockman piece is most sought after by you - your Holy Grail of Rockman things?
I don't think I know yet. I might start with an Acoustic Guitar Pedal and a Chorus/Delay for my Peavey Delta Blues 115. It's been so long since I had my original Rockman, that I don't really recall what clean 2 sounded like. That might push me toward the Sustainor sooner.
Keep rockman-gearup.com advertising free. Make a contribution: https://paypal.me/rockmangearup/5/
Guitarvamp

Post by Guitarvamp »

The Acoustic Pedal is nothing more than a compressor with a couple EQ knobs to shape it a bit.
rbc wrote: It's been so long since I had my original Rockman, that I don't really recall what clean 2 sounded like.
Clean 1 was just a regular non-distortion/clean setting. Since Tom used Les Paul guitars (that have humbuckers, and thus have a thicker/fatter tone), Clean 2 was meant to replicate a Strat's thinner tone (when using the Les Pauls). People liked the Clean 2 as its own unique tone, though.

I don't think I've ever used the Clean 1 setting. :lol: It's always Clean 2 and the distortion/overdrive on the Sustainor. Everyone has their own flavor, though. :D
iZheil9152

Post by iZheil9152 »

I think would like Scholz's ultimatum distortion half-rack setup. I saw a revision 20 Sustainor up a month or two ago, which would be nice. And there is always that $10k PGE2 I saw before on eBay
Guitarvamp

Re:

Post by Guitarvamp »

iZheil9152 wrote:I think would like Scholz's ultimatum distortion half-rack setup.
Wasn't that just supposed to be a tweaked-out Ultimatum pedal? Either way, Ultimatums are cool!

Oohh, hey! How about the never-made Ultimatum rack unit like the XPR? THAT would be sweet!
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

Any XPR.... XP-100, Superhead and a PGE2 which is a distant thought. Would like to kick the idea around for an A12-50. There have been a few around the last month on Fleabay. I've already have 1 that was on my bucket list and that's an original S12 CE 500 headcase with all the original modules in it. If I could find the full range cabs that would finish that off fer sure. But 2 weddings and a Co. vacation under my belt my Rockman funds have to get built back up! LOL
darthoverdrive

Post by darthoverdrive »

I would say the Guitar Compressor. I would like to see how it sounds compared to other compressors on the market.
Plus I'd like to look inside the box. Be fun to build one from scratch.