New guy needs speaker recommendations for at-home Rockman rig

New to Rockman gear? Here's some help. Questions are welcome.
Cousy

New guy needs speaker recommendations for at-home Rockman rig

Post by Cousy »

Hello, everyone. I’m glad to have found this resource. I am putting together what I hope will be a nice but simple Rockman rig for home use. The problem is I don’t know anything about sound equipment or speakers. So far I have a late model sustainor, stereo chorus, and one EQ (will get another soon).

I’m looking for the best way to monitor the sound. Can someone please simplify this for me and tell me exactly what you would recommend for speakers? I’ve read a little about FRFR and powered PA speakers but don’t know which way to go.

I don’t gig and won’t be moving this equipment around. I just want to play my guitar and be able to hear what I’m playing as loud as I want with no coloring of the sound. I’m not looking for anything boutique and would prefer to order something online.

Help me spend some money! Thanks!
RockmanCentralBob

Re: New guy needs speaker recommendations for at-home Rockman rig

Post by RockmanCentralBob »

I've been playing through a Sony Stereo Receiver and an old set of Fisher Stereo Speakers for about 30 years.
I also use a set of Bose bookshelf speakers for near field playing.
Sounds great!

Basically, anything you would listen to music on should work.
jstahlhut

Re: New guy needs speaker recommendations for at-home Rockman rig

Post by jstahlhut »

I "stereo" echo what Bob said. Personall, I play either through headphones via a DAW (i might get rackmount headphone amp). In my office i have two studio monitors and mixing board. At minimum you could get 2 powered studio monitors and be g all good. I prefer headphones though.