Rockman Module Case

Discuss troubleshooting and repair.
Michelhall

Rockman Module Case

Post by Michelhall »

I am rebuilding a Midi Octopus where all four corner screw holes have broken out and are gone. The faceplate will not stay attached anymore. The rest of the module works great, so I would rather salvage it rather than sacrifice it for parts. Does anyone have an extra clamshell case laying around I could purchase? I need both the top and bottom. This unit is just going into a rack to stay for a long time, so I would take whatever as far as condition. I know that PSSR used to build the metal cases, but a plastic one would work great for my needs. Or, is there anyone who is making 3-d printed cases? Thanks
dansgrandpapa

Re: Rockman Module Case

Post by dansgrandpapa »

3-D printing might work just fine for this, though I would make sure the material chosen can deal with the heat first. It's my understanding that there are now a few choices.
And from what my short time has shown me, all the modules have shielding, so that will also have to stick to it (or perhaps be bonded on). The copper tape that I use for shielding my guitars might work really well for this!

All the Best,
Doug
Michelhall

Re: Rockman Module Case

Post by Michelhall »

Thanks. We will see how this experiment goes.