Over Loud Audio Tools TH-U RockGuy

ESP Pocket Studio, JHS Rockbox, Nobels Sound Studio 1, GOAT Generator, etc.
rbc
Site Admin

Over Loud Audio Tools TH-U RockGuy

Post by rbc »

Over Loud Audio Tools (Almateq srl) from Italy is promoting the TH-U RockGuy, a simulator for the Rockman Sustainor and Rockman Chorus/Delay. They've published a demonstration to YouTube:

It's interesting that they chose the Chorus/Delay instead of the Stereo Chorus or Stereo Echo. The stacking feature of the chorus and delay is cool.
Keep rockman-gearup.com advertising free. Make a contribution: https://paypal.me/rockmangearup/5/
Moonracer

Re: Over Loud Audio Tools TH-U RockGuy

Post by Moonracer »

Cool!
Moonracer

Post by Moonracer »

I bought it and must admit that I am impressed! It sounds really good. Thanks for sharing rbc!
Rockmanxpr

Post by Rockmanxpr »

Downloaded the demo of this but I think I'm already sold by all the other youtube vids of people trying it out. Really hope they have success with this so they might do the other modules as well.
rbc
Site Admin

Post by rbc »

"Rough Boy" by ZZ Top was covered by Stefano "Sebo" Xotta using the TH-U RockGuy:

Keep rockman-gearup.com advertising free. Make a contribution: https://paypal.me/rockmangearup/5/
Rockmanxpr

Post by Rockmanxpr »

I got around to using the RockGuy in a recording for a cover of Toto's Take My Hand from the 1984 Dune movie. Always thought that Lukather's guitar sounded something like a Rockman (even though he probably didn't cuz it was '83-'84 when the song was recorded). Layout for the guitar is I'm using Pro Tools so I decided to use some pre and post eq plugins to on the track to simulate as best I could your typical Rockman set up we all know and love. So for the background guitar I went with a Stereo track to take advantage of the chorus stereo section to make it nice and wide. Lead guitar was mono and using the TH-U other pedals to give some umph. I'm using my new Les Paul Standard 60s model. So far I'm liking the RockGuy, I really hope they are successfull with it and decided to do the other modules...

Inventive

Post by Inventive »

Sounds great! I need to check out this plugin too.