What EQ do you use?

Request or share system lineups and settings.
Guitarvamp

What EQ do you use?

Post by Guitarvamp »

Just as simple as that - what EQ do you use? Foot pedal, rack, table top, computer, old, new, whatever. I'm thinking I can make a graph showing all the different frequencies, and how they compare to what everyone else uses.
I use a Rockman 1/2 rack EQ, a Boss 1/2 EQ, and an MXR 10 band.
rbc
Site Admin

Re: What EQ do you use?

Post by rbc »

I have a Behringer Ultragraph Pro at the moment. It was chosen more for availability and form factor than frequencies. I haven't been doing that much tweeking of frequencies. I've mostly messed with 250 Hz through 1 kHz, making adjustments less than 6 dB.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keep rockman-gearup.com advertising free. Make a contribution: https://paypal.me/rockmangearup/5/
rock0ut

Post by rock0ut »

This is something I would like to learn more about, any updates fellas?

Thanks
GuitarBuilder

Post by GuitarBuilder »

Here's my setup:

The full rig. Note the Sustainor with PSRR Quad Modification. Smart Gate is in Sustainor Distortion Loop.

Close-up of EQ in Sustainor Distortion Loop

Closeup of EQ in Sustainor Clean Loop and EQ after Sustainor, before Chorus Delay
rock0ut

Post by rock0ut »

Thanks for the detailed closeup of your EQ settings.
After starting with the Sustainor and a Stereo Chorus, two EQ modules are my next steps.
mikegiovannucci

Post by mikegiovannucci »

MEQ 14 dual.

Now I just need to find the info on how to modify it to mimic a PGE2. 😉
rock0ut

Post by rock0ut »

Is that what the PGE2 is based off of?
mikegiovannucci

Post by mikegiovannucci »

rock0ut wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:58 am Is that what the PGE2 is based off of?
The MEQ came out in 1990 and the PGE2 in 1991. They use 2 different op amps. It could have been one of those, hey this is a great idea, lets make one better type of thing and the PGE2 was born. But you an conver one to have the same frequency layout just like the PGE2 and easier to get.

Mike
Fireful0

Post by Fireful0 »

Currently using an ART Tube Parametric EQ. For the money, you cant get much better that actually comes in a half rack and isn't noisy.
Plus, you have incrdible flexibility to mess around with tone options, as the low and mid range have knobs within knobs to change. :lol:
(To the right of my Sustainor 200)

Got mine for $120 I think?
RockmanCentralBob

Post by RockmanCentralBob »

In my Rev 20 Sustainor rack, I use a couple of Rockman 12 band EQ's and the first ever Digitech MEQ Dual 14 converted to PGE2 specs (I came up with the mod). I also use a MXR 10 band EQ at the start of my chain.

For my Kemper rig, I just have the MXR 10 band at teh start of my chain, all other EQ'ing was either done at the time of profiling my Rev 20, or is done in the Kemper.