Rockman Guitar Compressor

New to Rockman gear? Here's some help. Questions are welcome.
RockmanCentralBob

Re: Rockman Guitar Compressor

Post by RockmanCentralBob »

The Kemper has a feature called "morphing" where you can assign any parameter, and as many parameters as you want, to an expression pedal. I assigned the gain level and several of the tone controls to mimic the auto clean feature. I think my expression pedal is just a generic M Audio one.

The Hyperspace Pedal is the real deal, not the Kemper.

No line leveler after the Kemper... just adjusted the volume to not oveedrive the Chorus.

No worries about the questions... that's why we're here!!
Braetcmmc

Post by Braetcmmc »

Sorry I have been away researching line level mismatch and thought I would come back with an update WRT my earlier dilemma.
With the current line mismatch between the GC and the Vox satchurator, I have researched buying an EB Tech Line leveler and/or building my own.
There are lots or videos and tutorials on how to wire a line leveler or even make a L-pad or H-pad cable. Some have suggested that using a Potentiometer will work as well, essentially create a voltage divider, that's bascially what the EB tech is.

But I'm a bit of a dumb-a-lum myself as the Vox Satchurator comes with a "PAD" switch that Joe specifically had Vox install. At this link Joe discusses with Larry DIMarzo what the Pad does. Basically Joe is a big Wah user and from research I found that the Big Bad Wah and the Dunlop Cry Baby have an approx. 10dbv boost. The video explains it better. Look around 7:20 on...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jhiha80h8E

So I engage the pad switch now and it cleaned up real nice. Like Joe says in the video, I tried the pad switch before and I didn't notice any difference.
Now I understand because there was nothing to pad, or reduce. Anyways the pad only rectifies 10db and I was looking for a bit more, so I took an old Pot. and made a voltage divider with it and I have it set around 600ohms. I have tweeked it here and there but it final sounds good coming out of my Marshall AVT 275.

Thanks for all your input.
:)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RockmanCentralBob

Post by RockmanCentralBob »

Glad you worked it out!