WANTED: Sustainor 200 Face Plate!!!

Intended for SR&D gear, derivatives and services.
Forum rules
This forum is only intended for announcements. Trades should be private.
Sunburst

WANTED: Sustainor 200 Face Plate!!!

Post by Sunburst »

All,

Anyone have any face plates for sale? I got in a Double IC this week with an un-salvageable face plate. Thanks in advance!

Very respectfully,

Sunburst
RockmanCentralBob

Re: WANTED: Sustainor 200 Face Plate!!!

Post by RockmanCentralBob »

I actually might have one.... give me a few days to try to dig it out.
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Thanks, Bob!

;)

Here's the @#$% sandwich:
FullSizeRender-167.jpg
Came from the estate of Vincent Bell, who was quite the studio musician back in the 1960s and 1970s (Frank Sinatra, Perry Como, Frankie Valli, etc.). Not sure why the graphics were rubbed off the face plate. I actually thought it was permanent marker when I bought it off eBay and figured I might be able to get it off. Ergh...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RockmanCentralBob

I'll dig around today and see if I can find it....
Last edited by RockmanCentralBob on Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Guitarvamp

Post by Guitarvamp »

I saw those units on Ebay. What kind of moron wipes the graphics off the faceplate and chops up the power cords?!? Use electrical tape over the faceplate if you have to. And has nobody ever heard of zip ties to hold power cables?!? Sheesh!
RockmanCentralBob

I've gone through my project box hoping I would find it but no luck so far.

I did recover a couple of XPRa's, a Stereo Echo, an Ultimatum pedal, a Dan Echo pedal, an old Sustainor board (first Rev 20 mod casualty), a couple of distortion circuits I was building, and a bunch of misc IC's (switching IC's for the XPR and the IC for the lead leveler circuit), jacks and other parts.

I was in the process of putting the Ultimatum pedal back together but was considering to rack mount it again instead.... would that interest anyone if I did that?
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Thanks for looking, Bob!

:D
RockmanCentralBob

Sunburst wrote:Thanks for looking, Bob!

:D
I have some blanks for various modules (holes cut and painted black but no silk screening). My buddy Curt used one like that for his Sustainor and called it "Sustainor Afrikanis". Pretty unique and not an issue since he knows the functions inside out.

Another thought is to make a color copy of a Sustainor faceplate and tape/glue it on over it. I did that for a compressor that I added a front jack input for.

But if I ever find the faceplate, I'll let you know...
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Yeah, I had vinyl graphics stickers professionally done for Remote Loops (still have a few!) but Rockmodule face plates are a little more complicated since the graphics have to match up perfectly with the holes and then need to be cut. Maybe some day?!?

;)

You mentioned XPRas in your parts bins - complete or just parts?
RockmanCentralBob

Sunburst wrote:You mentioned XPRas in your parts bins - complete or just parts?
I have a stock XP100a (very high serial number) with NOS speakers.... near mint condition.

I also have a heavily modified (factory and personally) XP212a.... factory mods include compressor bypass and also an extra mode PAST the Distortion/Clean mix mode that bypasses the compressor and gain stages. Personal mods include a programmable Phaser and Flanger, Ultimatum Distortion growl circuit, Echo runs at 300ms/500ms in longest setting (same as a Stereo Echo module), phantom power via midi jack for powering MIDI Pedal, added bullet tweeters to complement the Celestian G12T's in the cabinet. Probably some other mods in there as well (I think I added a pre distortion loop as well).

In the project box I have 2 more XPRa's that have been modded but need a little work.
One of them had a whistle in it that I need to trace down.....I can't remember the problem with the other one.
I have the rack case for one and a XP100 case (with poweramp and speakers) for the other.

I also have a Stereo Echo in there with a bad delay channel... probably a bad OP amp but need to trace it down.

I'm rack mounting the Ultimatum Pedal.... played through it yesterday plugged directly into the board.... sounded damn good!!

I spent the whole day since early this morning modding my last stock Model 200 Sustainor into a Rev 20... all that's left is the auto Clean circuit and probably adding the 4 Channel Mod. So far it sounds pretty amazing.