Rockman gear running through FRFR speakers/monitors

Request or share system lineups and settings.
Braetcmmc

Rockman gear running through FRFR speakers/monitors

Post by Braetcmmc »

I have been recently researching FRFR (Full- Range Flat Response) systems such as the Headrush FRFR-112.
This is a 2000 watt full range 0 - 20kHz frequency range speaker/monitor designed for Multi-effect units such as the Headrush pedal.
https://www.headrushfx.com/products/frfr-112

Throughout all the Rockman discussions online that I have read, a common thread is "Rockman gear must be played through Full range speakers"

Although most if not all FRFR systems are probably digital, I was wondering if anyone has tried their Rockman gear through a FRFR system.
Having not tried it yet I am very curious to hear what it sounds like?

Anyone?

C.
rock0ut

Re: Rockman gear running through FRFR speakers/monitors

Post by rock0ut »

I have my rockman setup run directly to two Yamaha HS8's running in stereo.

Sounds great utilizing the Cab Sim in the Sustainor and the Stereo out of the Stereo Chorus rock module sounds lush and 3D like.

-Only a home player at this point so this setup works great. The HS8's have a great reputation and are very popular in the Kemper world for example.

Naturally they are powered speakers and even though they are 8 inch studio monitors, they provide a nice punch and bass response that works well.
GuitarBuilder

Post by GuitarBuilder »

Braetcmmc wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:19 am I have been recently researching FRFR (Full- Range Flat Response) systems such as the Headrush FRFR-112.
This is a 2000 watt full range 0 - 20kHz frequency range speaker/monitor designed for Multi-effect units such as the Headrush pedal.
https://www.headrushfx.com/products/frfr-112

Throughout all the Rockman discussions online that I have read, a common thread is "Rockman gear must be played through Full range speakers"

Although most if not all FRFR systems are probably digital, I was wondering if anyone has tried their Rockman gear through a FRFR system.
Having not tried it yet I am very curious to hear what it sounds like?

Anyone?

C.
Not all FRFR systems are digital! I run my Rockman, as well as ADA rack through Behringer powered studio monitors. At full volume they're loud enough to keep up with a drummer. I suspect the Headrush will work extremely well on stage, although I doubt very much you need 2000 Watts unless you want to kill your audience. The Tech21 EX112 is another good choice.

Note: the MOST important point is to match your Rockman rig output level to the sound system inputs, i.e. either +4 dBU or -10dBV. If you don't have an Ebtech Line Level Shifter, get one!

http://www.ebtechaudio.com/llsdes.html
Braetcmmc

Post by Braetcmmc »

Thanks guys for the input.

@ Guitarbuilder,
Which EBtech line level shifter do you recommend? The LLS-2 or the LLS-2-XLR model?

I agree the 2000 watts is overkill but for the price here in Canada $600 gets me 2, and I want them set up stereo.
I will check the other speakers that you guys are using as well.

C.