My latest pedalboard

Discussion and topics that don't fit elsewhere.
GuitarBuilder

My latest pedalboard

Post by GuitarBuilder »

I recently completed a new pedalboard for all my non-synth effects. The signal chain is as follows:

Guitar > Empress Buffer + > Bonamassa Cry Baby > Bonamassa Fuzz Face > Timmy OD > Mayflower OD > Empress Phaser > Modfactor > Hardwire Supernatural. A TC Polytune is connected to the Buffer +.

The expression pedal on the left controls the Modfactor. A Midisolutions Quadra (underneath) splits the incoming MIDI (from a KMI Softstep 2) into 4, controlling the Phaser, Modfactor, Voodoo Labs Hex (underneath), and Payne Labs K-Switch.

The chain has several outputs: Part A just after the Phaser (mono) and Part B after the Supernatural (stereo). There's also a Part B input (mono) into chain before the Modfactor.

Every pedal is switched using a MIDI-controlled audio switcher - a combination of Voodoo Labs Hex and Payne Labs K-Switch. By using dedicated MIDI channels, both pedal in/out and effects presets are controlled where possible. All pedals are on full time and there's no need to touch any of the switches - the Softstep controls all configurations as well as individual pedals through CC commands. For example I can bypass the Buffer + when using the Cry Baby to get that magic interaction with the guitar pickups.

The whole thing is powered by a Voodoo Lab Mondo isolated power supply. Only one AC cord is used!

The platform is a Chemistry Design Werks Holeyboard. I used 3M SJ3560 dual-lock fasteners (instead of the cable ties they recommend) to attach the pedals. Mogami 2319 cable and Switchcraft connectors were used; all cables were custom cut and soldered. Overall weight is about 30 lbs.

RockmanCentralBob

Re: My latest pedalboard

Post by RockmanCentralBob »

Wow, with a rig like that, I'd love to hear how you sound through it!
That's a lot of different effects... not sure I'd even know what to do with that many!!
Where to fit what into a song????
Boogieman

Post by Boogieman »

Nice!

I have been curious about the Empress Buffer+. Do you use the boost function?
GuitarBuilder

Post by GuitarBuilder »

Boogieman wrote:Nice!

Yes, very handy for single-coil guitars.
Boogieman

Post by Boogieman »

GuitarBuilder wrote:
Boogieman wrote:Nice!

Yes, very handy for single-coil guitars.
Good to know. I will get one as a Christmas present for myself.