Rockman MidiPedal Issue - Please help

Discussion and topics that don't fit elsewhere.
GuitarBuilder

Re: Rockman MidiPedal Issue - Please help

Post by GuitarBuilder »

iZheil9152 wrote:
tbonuss wrote:Mine is 1990 Rev 5.0, which would be after that one. SN MP06947.

Oh, and BTW, the button that had both clips broken off and I repaired with the purple rubber band and gorilla tape is the best button in the pedal (better than the original 2 clip buttons or the repaired 1 clip buttons). If I wasn't concerned about resale value, I would absolutely cut / break all the clips off and use the rubber bands.
You or someone else here could send me a clip so I could 3D print a lot of them for you guys
....and I would buy a bunch of them!
Dale

Post by Dale »

http://www.nobels.com/cgi-bin/products/show.pl?e_mf-1

I was wondering how this midi pedal from nobels would work. They also make something that could be a replacement for a remote loop.
GuitarBuilder

Post by GuitarBuilder »

That would work just fine.
tbonuss

Post by tbonuss »

iZheil9152 wrote:
tbonuss wrote:Mine is 1990 Rev 5.0, which would be after that one. SN MP06947.

Oh, and BTW, the button that had both clips broken off and I repaired with the purple rubber band and gorilla tape is the best button in the pedal (better than the original 2 clip buttons or the repaired 1 clip buttons). If I wasn't concerned about resale value, I would absolutely cut / break all the clips off and use the rubber bands.
You or someone else here could send me a clip so I could 3D print a lot of them for you guys

If it helps everyone, I can send you one. Do you have any idea how long you would need to keep it? I was fixing this up for sale, but I can wait a little extra time if it helps the community.
tbonuss

Post by tbonuss »

Dale wrote:http://www.nobels.com/cgi-bin/products/show.pl?e_mf-1

I was wondering how this midi pedal from nobels would work. They also make something that could be a replacement for a remote loop.
That will work fine. Depending on what it costs, you might consider getting a MFX pedal that has MIDI out. I use a few different MIDI controllers with my XP100 (including the Rockman MIDI Pedal), and the "best" one is a Zoom G9. It has:

1. amp modeling
2. full array of stereo effects
3. Three continuous controllers (volume, wah and ?)
4. Programmable effects loop
5. USB out
6. Etc...

...so a lot can be done to complement / bypass the XP as appropriate for the song.

I especially like the fact that if gives me yet another noise reduction to try to quiet the XP "jalopy" that I love.

It seems to me that many of the MFX pedals cost the same or less than a simple midi controller, and do so much more.
iZheil9152

Post by iZheil9152 »

tbonuss wrote:If it helps everyone, I can send you one. Do you have any idea how long you would need to keep it? I was fixing this up for sale, but I can wait a little extra time if it helps the community.
I won't have full on access to the printer until after Christmas
tbonuss

Post by tbonuss »

Okay--if no one else can send you one, I'll be happy to do it the beginning of January then.
iZheil9152

Post by iZheil9152 »

tbonuss wrote:Okay--if no one else can send you one, I'll be happy to do it the beginning of January then.
PM me for info
tbonuss

Post by tbonuss »

Do you till want to do this? I was off the grid for a while, but I'm still willing if you are interested. If so, just let me know. I PM'd you.
tbonuss

Post by tbonuss »

Zack--here's a pic of one of the mechanisms. I couldn't figure out how to PM the pic to you. I'll just include the button so it makes sense.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.