Guitar Compressor

A family of high-end analog DI and effects gear.
KingPaul

Guitar Compressor

Post by KingPaul »

Quick question and I should be shot for not remembering this , but isn't the GC the clean portion of the Sustainor? (With the Lead Leveler) I was looking for a GC the other day because I was working on a rig to take out to play clean through and I couldn't find a GC anywhere. I started to look on Ebay and that's when it came to me to just use one of my Sustainors. Is there really going to be any benefit to hunting one down? The Sustainor with the Echo sound really nice thru a Tech 21 Power Engine 60. The modules fit in the back of the amp and all you see is the amp. Any thoughts if it's worth looking for one leet me know,

KingPaul
GuitarBuilder

GuitarBuilder

Post by GuitarBuilder »

CLN2 should be the setting closest to the Guitar Compressor; no cab sim is engaged.
Boogieman

Re: Guitar Compressor

Post by Boogieman »

I agree. The CLN2 channel on the Sustainor is quite close to what the GC does. So much so, that my GC is never used along with a Sustainor.

I don't know how much a used GC's go for these days. It is probably nice to have one to complete a collection or if the price is cheap (doubtful).
GuitarBuilder

GuitarBuilder

Post by GuitarBuilder »

There's no benefit in adding the GC unless you're only using the Distortion Generator. No need to pick one up if you have a Sustainor.