A Very Small Rockman Rig, Plus a Peavey Delta Blues 115

A dedicated forum for posting pictures and other information about Rockman rigs.
rbc
Site Admin

A Very Small Rockman Rig, Plus a Peavey Delta Blues 115

Post by rbc »

I'll get this started, but we're really talking the low end here. I've been running hybrid line-ups using the Rockman Guitar Ace as an amplifier simulator then adding effects using AmpKit and GarageBand. It works surprisingly well, though the limited headroom of the Ace family is obvious. I don't mind using digital, it's as legitimate a way to do signal processing as analog. That being said, it is hard to ignore all the clever engineering in analog signal processing. I'm also wary of round trips between the analog and digital worlds, given the potential for quantization errors. We live in an analog world and eventually you have to send the sound back out a speaker. I'm presently thinking about a better Rockman rig, with a Sustainor, two EQ's, along with a Stereo Chorus and a Stereo Echo. There will probably be Chorus/Delays in the mix when I get started.

I'm adding my Peavey Delta Blues 115 as my non-Rockman amplifier. I also have some Akai Professional Analog Custom Shop pedals, the chorus and delay. I use them in the Delta Blues effects loop. I've tried other types of effects, but they haven't kept me interested. I don't have any distortion pedals and only use modest amounts of pre-amp overdrive with the Delta Blues, or the semi distortion setting on my Ace. Perhaps I'll add an Ultimatum Distortion Generator and/or an Acoustic Guitar Pedal to shake up my Delta Blues rig configuration.

By the way, I'd really like to see some pictures of the Rockman Guitar Monitor System with the PA500 and cabinets. Anyone want to post one of those? ;)

Best,

--Bruce
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keep rockman-gearup.com advertising free. Make a contribution: https://paypal.me/rockmangearup/5/
DIGGER1212

Re: A Very Small Rockman Rig, Plus a Peavey Delta Blues 115

Post by DIGGER1212 »

Here is my rig. It consists of an XPRa rack, XPR rack and XP100a.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
iZheil9152

Post by iZheil9152 »

Nice rig Digger, saw it in action on youtube!
rbc
Site Admin

Post by rbc »

Very nice! Thanks for posting it!
Keep rockman-gearup.com advertising free. Make a contribution: https://paypal.me/rockmangearup/5/
Guitarvamp

Post by Guitarvamp »

The latest picture of my Rockman rig. I've since changed quite a bit. I switched out the Dual 14 for more SR&D EQs, use a Smart Gate instead of the Rocktron, etc. I need to get a more recent picture.

ned911

Post by ned911 »

What's the signal flow?