Super Head

A family of all-in-one digital controlled analog preamp and effects units (XPR and XPRa), along with derived guitar amplifiers (XP 100, XP 212 and Superhead).
webb137

Super Head

Post by webb137 »

Greetings all!

Just wanted to post a couple of photos of my Super Head. I've had it since '93 or '94 (can't remember exactly...). It doesn't have a date of manufacture- don't know why there wasn't one printed. I've never seen another. It sounds great, and if I'm not mistaken, when the distortion section is in either of the distortion/clean mix modes the compressor is disabled. The longest delay time (220ms) MAY actually be 340ms as I can synch the Super Head and an XPR and get identical delay repeats. Go figure...
Superhead1.jpg
Years ago (maybe 20...) I posted a couple of photos but they're long gone. Thanks for keeping the Rockman spirit alive!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rbc
Site Admin

Re: Super Head

Post by rbc »

That's a very nice system. I'd love to see it in action.
Keep rockman-gearup.com advertising free. Make a contribution: https://paypal.me/rockmangearup/5/
GuitarBuilder

Post by GuitarBuilder »

Nice! Looks like it's in great shape still. Is this an original or one of Jark's creations? If original, it could be one of only two or three known in existence.
51noname

Post by 51noname »

Hello
Nice to see another original floating around out there, mine is number 2516, send me a message sometime and we can chat.download/file.php?mode=view&id=231
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
webb137

Post by webb137 »

Yes. It's an original. Not an XP100 repurposed-although those are very cool, too!

I'm planning on duplicating a dovetailed case for it out of a ridiculously quilted piece of maple (don't know when I'll get around to doing that). Sort of a "Mesa-Boogie" Rockman with the cane grille in place of the black grille cloth.

51noname- I'll contact you as soon as I get time.
RockmanCentralBob

Post by RockmanCentralBob »

I have to say, David's Marshall style XP100 is pretty sweet looking.