Dunlop EP103 Echoplex Delay Hyperspace Pedal?

Equipment made by Dunlop Manufacturing including Rockman, MXR, Cry Baby, Way Huge Electronics, etc.
Sunburst

Re: Dunlop EP103 Echoplex Delay Hyperspace Pedal?

Post by Sunburst »

I just picked up the Dunlop EP103 Echoplex Delay pedal, as well. Like all my MXR Pedals, I just scribble in an "11" on all the knob parameters to make them go just a little more. Works like a charm...

;)

I'm sure my pick slides will sound just like Tom Scholz once I get done "modding" my unit!
RockmanCentralBob

Post by RockmanCentralBob »

Sunburst wrote: I'm sure my pick slides will sound just like Tom Scholz once I get done "modding" my unit!
I wish you the best of luck with that!

Be prepared though, it's all surface mount technology so have your magnifying glass ready.
GuitarBuilder

Post by GuitarBuilder »

RockmanCentralBob wrote:Interesting timing on this thread... I just picked up the new EP103 pedal and played with it a little to see if it would work as a HSP. The short of it is yes, it will work, but no, it won't sound like a real one.

It does sound VERY close to a real echoplex when it comes to just straight up delays and echos. But when you get into trying to warp the sound and do HSP effects, that's where it falls short. I mean, some effects aren't bad, but pick slides just don't sound right for sure. It definitely has the warble, which works great for some effects, but not so great for others.

I'm pretty convinced now that nothing will ever sound the same as using a real tape echo.
Agreed! Back to the Fulltone......
Ash517

Post by Ash517 »

I'm gonna dedicate my Christmas list to this thing.
It seems that if I were to replace the TS tap tempo jack with a TRS jack, I could then connect that jack to wherever the time potentiometer connects (using wires to do this), effectively making the tap tempo jack into an expression pedal input. I'll have to wait until Christmas for that. Even if it doesn't work, I'll still have a cool delay. It seems to do the right sounds for a hyperspace pedal (judging by my demo of it at Guitar Center).
GEAR:
Rockman Guitar Ace (Dunlop)
Epiphone Les Paul Studio (Alpine White)
Boss Katana 100
Line 6 POD Go
RockmanCentralBob

If you want mine, PM me and we can work it out.
$160 shipping included.
Ash517

Post by Ash517 »

RockmanCentralBob wrote:If you want mine, PM me and we can work it out.
$160 shipping included.
I appreciate the offer, but it has occurred to me that I might be in need of a chorus more than a hyperspace pedal at the moment, so I might not end up with spacial pickslides after all. Tried an MXR Analog Chorus today. Too good to pass up. Unfortunately my Christmas list budget is limited, so I can't go for both. I figured a chorus is something I can play guitar with, and an hsp is a special effect, so I'd likely use the chorus more. Many thanks for the offer though!
GEAR:
Rockman Guitar Ace (Dunlop)
Epiphone Les Paul Studio (Alpine White)
Boss Katana 100
Line 6 POD Go
RockmanCentralBob

No worries... though your signature says you are borrowing a Rockman Stereo Chorus from your dad.... did he take it back???
Fireful0

Post by Fireful0 »

RockmanCentralBob, is your pedal using the X and Y axis, or just the Y?
If I had money, I would buy yours. :lol: (Trying to keep an eye out for a Sustainor 200)
RockmanCentralBob

X and Y.
They play off each other.... that's the fun part.
Fireful0

Post by Fireful0 »

Awesome!!! :o