Sunburst's Studio Setup

A dedicated forum for posting pictures and other information about Rockman rigs.
Sunburst

Re: Sunburst's Studio Setup

Post by Sunburst »

Bob,

I have not played in a band for years (been a little busy with work, kids, buying and selling Rockman gear, etc.). Would like to eventually get back out there. I am working on some recordings of my original material. Will post some of it in the near future!

Very respectfully,

Sunburst
RockmanCentralBob

Post by RockmanCentralBob »

I've never been in a band (other than a little at church).... seems like a lot of work for little reward. Though with the right group, it would probably be fun.

On the other hand, recording is a lot of work, but the payoff is having something to listen to. I enjoy listening to my covers more than the originals sometimes.

Would love to hear some of your music someday.
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Reference playing in bands, I think there is plenty of reward if you fall into the right situation. But guitar players (and musicians in general) are a largely awful community (too many prima donnas, drug addicts, Democrats, etc.) so unless you intend to be the only guitar player, the odds are stacked against you. And I'm 49 now so lugging around a Rockman stack isn't on my "to-do" list!

Conversely, recording eliminates a lot of the headaches of being in a band. I'm not too much into recording covers. But I do have dozens of original songs I would like to eventually complete!

And then I would have to start a band to play them live and the vicious cycle continues!
Last edited by Sunburst on Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fireful0

Post by Fireful0 »

Just got around to seeing this thread.
Sunburst, I have never seen a Rockman collection as big as yours. :lol:
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Who says, "SIZE DOESN'T MATTER?!?!?"

:D

In all seriousness, it's taken me 7 or 8 years to put together my collection. And I've sold probably 100 x what I have in my collection to do it!

I started by simply trying to put together a functional Sustainor setup and then cherry picked the nicest modules and face plates as I went along continually buying, selling, and trading. At one point I laid out 20 different EQ face plates to best match them in my various setups! Patience is the key. Plus it's fun to collect. Unless, of course, you want to pay me a ton of money to get you an awesome setup all in one fell swoop!!!
Ash517

Post by Ash517 »

That's a metric frickton of Rockman stuff! Save some for the rest of us :lol: !
GEAR:
Rockman Guitar Ace (Dunlop)
Epiphone Les Paul Studio (Alpine White)
Boss Katana 100
Line 6 POD Go
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Ash,

Um... with all due respect... nobody finds, buys, trades for, cleans up, repairs, refurbs, and sells more to the rest of you!!!

:D

Just saying...

Very respectfully,

Sunburst
bbheli

Post by bbheli »

Hi
In this post where is teh EQ is it in the signal path or the effects?

Best,

Brett
bbheli

Post by bbheli »

Hi
In this post where is teh EQ is it in the signal path or the effects?

Best,

Brett
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

All of my EQs are placed before the effects. Both the XPR and Sustainor setups have EQs in the effects loops and the Sustainor setups also have an EQ post directly out of the Sustainor prior to the Stereo Chorus and Stereo Echo(es).