BUYER BEWARE: Chinese Rockman listing scams on eBay!!!

Intended for SR&D gear, derivatives and services.
Forum rules
This forum is only intended for announcements. Trades should be private.
Sunburst

BUYER BEWARE: Chinese Rockman listing scams on eBay!!!

Post by Sunburst »

All,

There has been a rash of of eBay Rockman listing scams from China over the past few months. I fell for a couple of them before I realized they were scams. The Chinese sellers copy a past listing and then re-list it with a ridiculously low BUY IT NOW price with a BEST OFFER option and no shipping cost (but state it will take several months for the item to arrive from mainland China). Of course there is no item and the intent is to string the buyer(s) along for several months until they forget about the item. All of the listings I have seen have (0) feedback so they most likely disappear once they have your money!

I became alerted to the scam when I bid but lost on a real auction, saw it relisted the following week (with the same photo and multiple Rockman and non-Rockman items that no one would logically list together a second time!) for a ridiculously low BUY IT NOW price, and bought it immediately (someone would have if I didn't!). After I inquired about shipping and got repeated automated responses from the Chinese seller, I looked up the old auction, contacted the American seller, and asked if they had sent the item to China. They said "no" so I knew it was a scam.

I contacted eBay and alerted them to the scam to include alerting them several times online when the exact same scam was re-listed, which I believe they ended. But when I called them about my purchases I got the runaround and was told that there was nothing they could do until the item did not arrive by the date in the listing. Fortunately, eBay did give a full refund at that time but it was like three months after I made the purchase!

:x

So BUYER BEWARE!!!

Very respectfully,

Sunburst
X100Ver10

Re: BUYER BEWARE: Chinese Rockman listing scams on eBay!!!

Post by X100Ver10 »

I have been reporting these listings to eBay as fraudulent for a couple of months now. eBay thanks me for reporting it every time, however, they never remove the listing nor does anything about them. Sure enough, within a short period of time, someone buys it. Sorry you got caught up in it Chris.
Fireful0

Post by Fireful0 »

I actually got sucked in, also.
I bought myself a Kramer Striker 200, and I already filed a report with PayPal.
They have until the 30th to respond.
GuitarBuilder

Post by GuitarBuilder »

Scammers suck!
X100Ver10

Post by X100Ver10 »

The Chinese scammers are still at. Two X100 listings already today. Both were reported and both will probably be ignored by eBay. I'm usually seeing one a week lately.
Fireful0

Post by Fireful0 »

Yeah, saw those too.
I always see these. They also show up under "Kramer Guitar" ebay searches.
It gets pretty old.
I have submitted so many reports, but they all get ignored. :x
Last edited by Fireful0 on Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Each one is another @#$% in the armor of capitalism!!!

:D
X100Ver10

Post by X100Ver10 »

I'll be darn! Maybe eBay is finally taking this issue seriously. The listings seem to be gone. I did a search for rockman x100 and kramer guitar and neither listing came up in current or completed listings. Later scammers. :D
Fireful0

Post by Fireful0 »

Nice to hear!
Wonder how long it's gonna take before another shows up, though. :|
X100Ver10

Post by X100Ver10 »

They're baaaaaaaack.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tom-Scholz-Roc ... 3051334218

I reported it to eBay. Maybe if a bunch of us report it, eBay will take it down.