Gain knobs? 10k trimpots

The definitive headphone guitar amp.
X100Ver10

Gain knobs? 10k trimpots

Post by X100Ver10 »

Anybody have the blue gain knobs (10k potentiometer trimmer/trimpot) for sale or know where to get them for the headphone amps? I found a company (Solarbotics) in Canada that supposedly had the exact match, however, the ones they sent me didn't match the picture on the website and won't work. There is another company in England that has the same picture on their website but they won't respond to my requests for more info. I doubt they have the correct ones anyway because Solarbotics said they are the one that sells parts to them.
Most of the other ones I have found don't look like they will work. Similar to what Solarbotics sent me, the middle leg doesn't appear that it will reach the solder point after bending it in position.
I would like to stick to original ones though, if possible.
Thanks.
X100Ver10

Re: Gain knobs? 10k trimpots

Post by X100Ver10 »

I would be willing to trade some new headphone amp battery springs for them. :mrgreen:
RockmanCentralBob

Post by RockmanCentralBob »

Have you tried Mouser or Digikey?
X100Ver10

Post by X100Ver10 »

RockmanCentralBob wrote:Have you tried Mouser or Digikey?
Yes. The 3306W from Bourns (Jason? :D) may work, however, I'm holding out hope that someone here has some of the originals. I haven't found anyone that sells the originals anymore. Typical obsolete Rockman part. :(

If the originals are unavailable, does anyone know if the 3306W will work or not? It appears that the 3 legs must be on the same side/end and opposite of the adjustment indicator so that all 3 legs will reach the solder pads.
X100Ver10

Post by X100Ver10 »

In case anyone is following this thread, the best replacement I found is the Bourns 3306K-1-103 (side adjustment). The Bourns 3306W-1-103 (side adjustment) will work too, however, the 3306K has the middle leg already bent at the correct level for the trimpot to stick out of the hole in the back plastic cover of the amp. It made it very easy to line it up properly.
I got them at Arrow.com. Arrow doesn't seem to stock as many parts as Digi-Key or Mouser, but the parts they do carry are usually a bit cheaper. Plus, they have free shipping on any size order and free 2 day shipping on any order over $20.