Dry track request

For use in comparison testing of equipment lineups.
eicca

Dry track request

Post by eicca »

I’m away from my rig at the moment but need to run some experiments. Can someone run a Les Paul directly to their sound card and record some Boston riffs using the bridge pickup with tone and volume on 10?

I will be using it to test an experimental setup using effects after the power section of an amp but before the cabs.

More on this later.
#RockmanAddict
RockmanCentralBob

Re: Dry track request

Post by RockmanCentralBob »

eicca wrote:I’m away from my rig at the moment but need to run some experiments. Can someone run a Les Paul directly to their sound card and record some Boston riffs using the bridge pickup with tone and volume on 10?

I will be using it to test an experimental setup using effects after the power section of an amp but before the cabs.

More on this later.
Are you looking for rhythm or lead?
eicca

Post by eicca »

Any main riff really. You'll be interested to know...

I cracked Scholz's code.

I have recreated his Marshall rig in Mainstage.

Details to come, after I run it through testing.
#RockmanAddict
eicca

Post by eicca »

Cancel that request! I apologize, I hope I haven’t wasted anyone’s time!

I got too anxious to test my hypothesis and ran home and grabbed my guitar. :mrgreen:

Soon I will post the result. If I may be so pretentious, I’d say years of mystery have now been unraveled.

Mods feel free to delete this thread if necessary.
#RockmanAddict
RockmanCentralBob

Post by RockmanCentralBob »

Just curious what the big epiphany is, I mean, besides what we already know.

Like I've already said, I'm quite impressed with your progress so far... you've done quite well in replicating the general tone of the different albums.

I think it's important to realize that what we hear on the albums is a cumulation of different tracks (with different tones) blended together. And that those tones change from song to song and album to album.

Personally, I've changed my approach... rather than try to chase all those different tones, I just found one that works for most songs and I stick with that one through my set.
eicca

Post by eicca »

RockmanCentralBob wrote:Just curious what the big epiphany is, I mean, besides what we already know.

Like I've already said, I'm quite impressed with your progress so far... you've done quite well in replicating the general tone of the different albums.

I think it's important to realize that what we hear on the albums is a cumulation of different tracks (with different tones) blended together. And that those tones change from song to song and album to album.

Personally, I've changed my approach... rather than try to chase all those different tones, I just found one that works for most songs and I stick with that one through my set.
I posted over in the Boston section of this forum. I made a video where I go into detail but the gist is I think Tom chained two heads using the Power Soak so he could EQ the signal before it went to the cabinet.
#RockmanAddict