I freaking love Sunburst.

Intended for SR&D gear, derivatives and services.
Forum rules
This forum is only intended for announcements. Trades should be private.
Fireful0

I freaking love Sunburst.

Post by Fireful0 »

And the best Rockman dude in the business does it again! :lol:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/TOILET-PAPER-a ... 4221!US!-1

I got a good chuckle out of this. XD
Sunburst

Re: I freaking love Sunburst.

Post by Sunburst »

Isaac,

I aim to please!

;)

The Rockman market has been killed by that turd (and a few others, who list crap at exorbitant prices - often with purposely confusing if not misleading descriptions - with no BUY IT NOW or BEST OFFER option so their listings linger and linger, skewing the market for what seems like an eternity). Fortunately, I'm a rich Republican so I'm not eating out of a garbage can (and not relying on each Rockman sale to pay the rent)!

Best Rockman dude? No, you are!!!

Very respectfully,

Sunburst
Last edited by Sunburst on Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X100Ver10

Post by X100Ver10 »

Sunburst wrote:The Rockman market had been killed by that turd (and a few others, who list crap at exorbitant prices - often with purposely confusing if not misleading descriptions - with no BUY IT NOW or BEST OFFER option so their listings linger and linger, skewing the market for what seems like an eternity).
I freaking love Sunburst too. Who else can find a Sustainor Rev 20 at a Sustainor Model 100 price. I'm still looking. :x

Chris.....I mean Sunburst. :D First, let me say I loved your toilet paper listing. It's been a while having a good belly laugh reading something on the internet.

I'm a bit confused, however. Why does someone listing Rockman equipment at exorbitant prices on eBay kill the Rockman market? I love it when someone lists a Rockman item at a much higher price than one I have listed. That just makes the buyer gravitate towards our listings that are more in line with market prices. Sure, sometimes the ones with the higher price sell, once in a blue moon, but I notice that they are usually relisted within a few weeks.

I think there is another issue and me thinks it is with eBay. It may just be that the buyers have disappeared because its summer. I don't know for sure. I haven't been selling Rockman gear there long enough to see that pattern. I know I've been selling more on Reverb lately though so I'm not sure its a summer issue. And there are certainly sellers with exorbitant Rockman prices there too. Have you ever noticed on eBay that you will go a long time without selling much (or nothing) and then, all of a sudden, the floodgates open? With millions of listings, is it possible that eBay can't show everything from a buyers search because they don't have the capacity or for some other reason? I'm unsure but it seems awfully suspicious sometimes. Its almost like eBay says 1 day out of the month "OK support, you can open up the servers to show all items for any search starting with just the letter R". The next day it will probably be the letter S and so on. :shock:

The X100 (with power supply) you are selling for $249 is a steal. Your actually too low, IMHO. That should have sold by now. For whatever reason, buyers are few and far between lately on eBay. I don't think it has anything to do with that turd (its not me, is it? :D ).

BTW - Just from my perspective, I usually don't use Best Offer on eBay listings. I don't like that you can no longer require immediate payment once you accept an offer. Immediate payment virtually eliminates having to relist due to non-payment.

What say you? Remember, I freaking love you man, so be kind. ;)
Fireful0

Post by Fireful0 »

In my opinion, the problem with all of these people listing their Rockman gear for such high prices, is that they are starting to inflate the market really bad.
Rockman is going to start turning into the type of effect that only collectors will buy, instead of the cost efficient way to get an incredible piece of equipment.
That guy posting his "Pick up only" Rockman headphone amp collection for $7,500, and with the rest of the things he is listing is majorly ticking me off too.
There is a reason he hasn't sold one thing he has listed.
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Team,

It's all capitalism. Not bitching. Just making an observation.

I sell the most stuff because I move volume. I buy low and sell for a reasonable profit. And I'm a nice guy. No, really. And yes, theoretically, people listing stuff with unrealistically high prices inflates the market and makes it easier for me to under sell them. But that's not what's been happening lately. My stuff still sells but the market is skewed (harder to buy low and sell high).

Regardless, my real issue is with the purposefully misleading listings. You all know the ones I'm talking about. It's like the douche bags who list an Epiphone as a Gibson. Even though 99.999% of the potential buyers looking for a Gibson are never going to buy an Epiphone, these d-bags still purposely waste people's time. It should be a crime.

Anyway... rainbows and lollipops!

Very respectfully,

Sunburst