REV 20

A family of high-end analog DI and effects gear.
Sunburst

Re: REV 20

Post by Sunburst »

X100Ver10,

We all know what you meant... thanks again!

:D

But yes, a member of Boston implied that there will be a 2018 tour!!!

Very respectfully,

Sunburst
f550maranello2

Post by f550maranello2 »

Sunburst wrote:Jammed through it a bit and I am impressed!!!

:D

Definitely more high end than a stock Sustainor. As per some of my colleagues' comments, it SIZZLES like an XPR while maintaining the control of a Sustainor. Sounded good without an EQ or spacial effects. If I have time this weekend, I will do a "taste test" comparison with a Mighty Mouse and maybe even a 100 and 100A all in complete setups.

But again, I am impressed!!!

Please do, its so hard to find good videos online of the Rockman stuff. Can you do one with the Ultimatum Distortion also?
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Maybe I'll make a documentary!

;)
RockmanCentralBob

Post by RockmanCentralBob »

I decided to plug into one of my Rev 20's today instead of my Rev 20 Kemper Profile. I gotta say I was surprised at how quiet it is, even without ANY noise reduction. And the auto clean really does work nicely.
Guitarvamp

Post by Guitarvamp »

Sunburst wrote:Already contacted Boston and this baby will be on stage with them next year!!!
It's an old thread, I know.... I'm very curious about this, though. So, does Boston buy all the Revision 20s out there in the world? Will they give it back? Is it on loan or something like that? Did you get any "bonus stuff" for getting this to them (show tickets, autographs, etc)? Who do you even contact for Boston? You don't just call Tom directly, do you?

Super congrats on the find, by the way! ;)
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Um... I contact a member of the band but I won't say which one!

;)

Yes, they like to buy certain items, if the price is right. I loaned them one of my Pro Basses last year and offered to loan them the REV 20 next year.

They are both very kind and generous!
Guitarvamp

Post by Guitarvamp »

That is awesome! To me, loaning Boston some gear and getting it back would be the highest level of amazing! They are humble enough to give stuff back, you end up with a once-in-a-lifetime piece of gear, plus an amazing story.... it's like a warrior that fought in an epic battle. Congrats again. That really is super cool!
RockmanCentralBob

Yeah, I've bought gear from them and sold gear to them.
I almost bought a double neck guitar, but passed on it and my old friend DC Williams bought it instead.
Man, I miss that guy!
Guitarvamp

Post by Guitarvamp »

RockmanCentralBob wrote:Yeah, I've bought gear from them and sold gear to them.
That is super cool!!

So, from Boston buying Revision 20s, can we assume that is their choice sound now? I'm not judging... just observing. They aren't doing the Ultimatum or XPR/Super Heads any more? Do you think this is a tonal thing or simply because of the better Autoclean? Or is this just a choice for playing live?
RockmanCentralBob

Guitarvamp wrote:
RockmanCentralBob wrote:Yeah, I've bought gear from them and sold gear to them.
That is super cool!!

So, from Boston buying Revision 20s, can we assume that is their choice sound now? I'm not judging... just observing. They aren't doing the Ultimatum or XPR/Super Heads any more? Do you think this is a tonal thing or simply because of the better Autoclean? Or is this just a choice for playing live?
I asked Tom backstage if he still uses the Ultimatum, and he told me that he only uses the (Rev 20) Sustainor, live and in the studio.
He still has the Ultimatum in his rack, but it's not plugged in.