Pre and post Rockman eq settings

Request or share system lineups and settings.
jiminbing

Pre and post Rockman eq settings

Post by jiminbing »

Hello!
I'm looking for some help.
I've been searching for basic/starter eq settings for my Rockman gear and have been unsuccessful. I have the pre eq before the Sustainor and post eq out to the Stereo Chorus. I also have Stereo Echo and a Midi Octopus. Stereo monitors are JBL 305P MkII.

It just sounds muddy.
Any suggestions?
Thanks! Jim
RockmanCentralBob

Re: Pre and post Rockman eq settings

Post by RockmanCentralBob »

It really depends on your guitar and such, but here's a post eq you can try...

-2 +12 -4 -2 0 +6 +6 +8 +10 +3 0 0
jiminbing

Post by jiminbing »

Thanks Bob. That made quite a difference, much brighter.
The guitar I use in my Rockman setup is a Epiphone Les Paul standard that I replaced bridge pick up with a DiMarzio Super Distortion. It sounds great.
I'd love to get the Collector's Choice #10 Tom Scholz 1968 Les Paul. Maybe some day.

Any suggestions on the pre settings?

Thanks for your help.
RockmanCentralBob

jiminbing wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:33 am Thanks Bob. That made quite a difference, much brighter.
The guitar I use in my Rockman setup is a Epiphone Les Paul standard that I replaced bridge pick up with a DiMarzio Super Distortion. It sounds great.
I'd love to get the Collector's Choice #10 Tom Scholz 1968 Les Paul. Maybe some day.

Any suggestions on the pre settings?

Thanks for your help.
Glad to hear it...

Pre distortion EQ settings are subjective since that's really where your tone comes from and is also guitar dependent.
I'd suggest start flat and then start adding or subtracting bass frequencies a little at a time and then move to the treble frequencies and do the same.

One trick is to pull out most of the bass and boost the treble frequencies hard, then adjust the output volume on the pre-EQ so that it just breaks up when you strum it hard. This is reminiscent of the final chords at the end of the solo for "More Than A Feeling".

I have a '57 reissue Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop with a DiMarzio Super Distortion in it too.
It does sound pretty good.

I also have the Collectors Choice #10 guitar as well, which sounds awesome.

But most of the time, I play a PRS SE Custom 24 Floyd with a Graph Tech Tremelo, Ghost saddles and acousti-phonic preamp, DiMarzio Super Distortion and Sustainiac. It's my go to guitar for live playing because I can do everything I need with it.... dive bombs with the Floyd, acoustic parts with the Ghost piezo pickups, instant feedback or endless sustain with the Sustainiac, and I can go all the way up the fretboard with the 24 frets.
jiminbing

Post by jiminbing »

Thanks for explaining that Bob, I really needed someone to get me started.
I appreciate it.
RockmanCentralBob

jiminbing wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:02 am Thanks for explaining that Bob, I really needed someone to get me started.
I appreciate it.
Glad I could help.
Please post some clips of what you end up coming up with.... would love to hear how it sounds!
eicca

Post by eicca »

Old thread, but new video that might answer your question:

#RockmanAddict