Distortion Generator Auto Cln switch problem

A family of high-end analog DI and effects gear.
WienerDog

Distortion Generator Auto Cln switch problem

Post by WienerDog »

The Auto Cln switch on my DG is acting weird. When activated, Auto Cln seems to work fine. But when it is deactivated, the volume of the module sometimes jumps WAY UP. I have to tap on the switch button to make the volume sound normal. I’ve tried some DeOxit but am still not getting 100% performance. I’m wondering if I need to spray a lot more into the switch’s housing to cure the problem. Your thoughts and suggestions appreciated.....
X100Ver10

Re: Distortion Generator Auto Cln switch problem

Post by X100Ver10 »

Those push button switches are difficult to get any Deoxit in good enough to clean them. If you are comfortable with desoldering, you can take it off the circuit board, take it apart, and then try to clean the contacts inside. Just be careful because there are 2 very small contacts that can fall out and get lost. I would just buy another one since they are so cheap. See this thread for more details and part numbers:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=568

Since that thread, Mouser has the less expensive ones in stock now.
WienerDog

Re: Distortion Generator Auto Cln switch problem

Post by WienerDog »

X100Ver10 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:54 am Those push button switches are difficult to get any Deoxit in good enough to clean them. If you are comfortable with desoldering, you can take it off the circuit board, take it apart, and then try to clean the contacts inside. Just be careful because there are 2 very small contacts that can fall out and get lost. I would just buy another one since they are so cheap. See this thread for more details and part numbers:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=568

Since that thread, Mouser has the less expensive ones in stock now.

Thanks! I think I've got it working now -- DeOxit and plenty of pushing in and out of the switch.....