Module capacitor replacing

A family of high-end analog DI and effects gear.
Chuck Nuggets

Re: Module capacitor replacing

Post by Chuck Nuggets »

mikegiovannucci wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:38 pm Here is what I was thinking to do for mine. As Bruce mentioned, you my have to bump your input a bit. This setup will let you come in before the Smart Gate. This will also keep the 2meg ohm impedance input in place.

Mike
Excellent!
Chuck Nuggets

Post by Chuck Nuggets »

rbc wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:00 am
Chuck Nuggets wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:08 pmHi Mike,
Not to hijack the thread, but do you see a way to add a toggle switch to take the compressor in and out of the circuit path?
With the Sustainor there is another way to bypass the compressor (and gate). Bump your guitar signal up some, then go directly into one of the effects loop returns. That way you can substitute your own compressor (a Rockman Guitar Compressor?), gate and any other effects you want before the distortion circuit. You'd have to give some thought to if you wanted to use the DIST/EDGE return in conjunction with the All Return.

That's what David Ferringer did when he recorded Rockin' Soxx. He has the YouTube video on his Demos page:

http://www.rockman-repair.com/DEMOS.html

You'll find his notes on the lineup if you page down past the video.
I never thought of this! Makes me wish I didn't send back my model 1OO Sustainor. I could have used my model 2OO w/comp, model 1OO without. Going into the loop, I can use my TS8O8 + MXR Smart Gate to boost the input.

Is there a single resistor/cap that is responsible for its signature midrange hump? It has that cocked wah sound, no matter how I EQ it. I'd love to be able to adjust its proprietary midrange.
mikegiovannucci

Post by mikegiovannucci »

Chuck Nuggets wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:30 am
rbc wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:00 am
Chuck Nuggets wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:08 pmHi Mike,
Not to hijack the thread, but do you see a way to add a toggle switch to take the compressor in and out of the circuit path?
With the Sustainor there is another way to bypass the compressor (and gate). Bump your guitar signal up some, then go directly into one of the effects loop returns. That way you can substitute your own compressor (a Rockman Guitar Compressor?), gate and any other effects you want before the distortion circuit. You'd have to give some thought to if you wanted to use the DIST/EDGE return in conjunction with the All Return.

That's what David Ferringer did when he recorded Rockin' Soxx. He has the YouTube video on his Demos page:

http://www.rockman-repair.com/DEMOS.html

You'll find his notes on the lineup if you page down past the video.
I never thought of this! Makes me wish I didn't send back my model 1OO Sustainor. I could have used my model 2OO w/comp, model 1OO without. Going into the loop, I can use my TS8O8 + MXR Smart Gate to boost the input.

Is there a single resistor/cap that is responsible for its signature midrange hump? It has that cocked wah sound, no matter how I EQ it. I'd love to be able to adjust its proprietary midrange.
I would have to really dig into the schematic to see where that is and do the math to find it.

Mike