hooking up the modules

New to Rockman gear? Here's some help. Questions are welcome.
donnyboy

hooking up the modules

Post by donnyboy »

Hi I'm new, excuse me, don't beat me up. Please!
I received a Sustainer unit and a distortion Generator. How do I hook them up RIGHT!!. The manuals online are rather strange to me, showing guitar input on the back??? looking for help. Guitar into front of a unit, out to another unit and run it into my power amp. Thank you for all your help :D

please tell me the exact hook up I need. Again, guitar into one unit, out to another unit, and into a power amp thanks so much!!
rbc
Site Admin

Re: hooking up the modules

Post by rbc »

The Sustainor and Distortion Generator are both full fledged amp simulators, including a simulated cabinet. It's easiest to just put an A/B switch in front of them and send their outputs to a mixer before the FOH or recording equipment that you are using. There are far more complicated arrangements, but the A/B switch is probably the simplest.
Keep rockman-gearup.com advertising free. Make a contribution: https://paypal.me/rockmangearup/5/
rbc
Site Admin

Re: hooking up the modules

Post by rbc »

Another way you could line up the Sustainor and Distortion Generator is to use them with a signal path like this:

Guitar -> [Sustainor input - Sustainor ouput] -> [Distortion Generator input - Distortion Generator output] -> Mixer

The next step is to use an A/B box with a shorted TS plug in the input of the A/B box. You then patch the A/B outputs to the Sustainor and Distortion Generator bypass foot switch jacks. Clicking the A/B button should then bypass one Rockmodule, while enabling the other Rockmodule. That way you can switch between them. The Distortion Generator manual has some more details about this on a page titled '"Y" Cord and A/B Switching'. It's on page 11.

Hopefully that helps.
Keep rockman-gearup.com advertising free. Make a contribution: https://paypal.me/rockmangearup/5/