Original battery door metal contacts

The definitive headphone guitar amp.
X100Ver10

Original battery door metal contacts

Post by X100Ver10 »

Before I begin the long process and expense of getting the original battery door metal contacts made, I thought I would ask here to see if anyone has any of them?

Also, if any previous SR&D employees here have information on where the company had them made (back in the day), please share. Hopefully, that company has some NOS left just sitting on a shelf or maybe they would sell the tool die/mold so I can get some made cheaper. The tooling cost to make the die is the biggest expense of this project.

Dunlop doesn't have any more. They gave me the last of theirs a while back and I'm almost out. If anyone would like to share info or sell/donate their stock, I, and the next generation of Rockman enthusiasts, would be grateful. :-) I don't, and won't, sell the battery doors by themselves. I only use the battery doors and metal contacts I obtain on Rockman headphone amps that I refurbish when they either did not come with a door or had an unusable one. Someone has to have a large stash of these sitting in a box. It would be a shame to let them go to waste. Can anyone ask Tom or Gary?

I have lots of battery springs, if you want to trade. I also have other headphone amp parts I can trade too.

Thanks in advance for any help on this. If you don't want to share the info publicly, please send me a PM.

Mike
Sunburst

Re: Original battery door metal contacts

Post by Sunburst »

Michael,

I will bring your request to the altar of Waltham and ask the Gods. If I don't return, tell my wife I love her and make sure my son grows up to enjoy the REV 20, PGE2, Pro Bass, multiple stage heads,complete headphone amp collection, etc., etc., etc.

Very respectfully,

Sunburst
Last edited by Sunburst on Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

While I wait for a response, I found these Covid... er, I mean Chinese made tabs:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 80741.html
X100Ver10

Post by X100Ver10 »

Sunburst wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:01 pm Michael,

I will bring your request to the alter of Waltham and ask the Gods. If I don't return, tell my wife I love her and make sure my son grows up to enjoy the REV 20, PGE2, Pro Bass, multiple stage heads,complete headphone amp collection, etc., etc., etc.

Very respectfully,

Sunburst
Thank you Sunburst. You are my Rockman hero! :-)