New Setup

A dedicated forum for posting pictures and other information about Rockman rigs.
Sunburst

New Setup

Post by Sunburst »

Team,

Finally incorporated all of my rarities in my studio rig. Spent the weekend taking the space ship apart and adding the Pro Bass, REV 20, and PGE 2.

On the left, I removed two EQs to fit the Pro Bass. So the XPR now has the standard Dave Accomando setup. Pro Bass is set up as is but I have room for more modules (perhaps two more EQs, a Stereo Chorus, Stereo Echo, etc.) underneath on the left.

On the right, I removed two EQs and a Stereo Echo to fit the REV 20 and PGE 2. Using the PGE 2 as the pre-EQ for my Mighty Mouse and REV 20 with the third EQ post for both. Removed the Smart Gate from the Mighty Mouse effects loop and now am using the Smart Gate sections on both Sustainors and have the Smart Gate module after the REV 20. Not sure I like this yet - a little noisy compared to the SG in the loop - so I may revert to MXR Smart Gates in each effects loop behind the curtain.

Still have the Distortion Generator loop (Compressor, DG, SG, EQ, MO, and Dual Remote Loop) on a Remote Loop underneath on the right.

For those of you who have never played a REV 20, in my opinion it sounds a lot different than a stock Sustainor. Hotter. More treble. I'm going to see if I can get the Mighty Mouse and REV 20 working together so I have 6 channels (plus volume boosts) at my fingertips.

Which is why I love the XPR with 100 channels (including blending CLEAN 1 and DIST) so much but I digress...

Sunburst
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RockmanCentralBob

Re: New Setup

Post by RockmanCentralBob »

Sunburst wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:57 am For those of you who have never played a REV 20, in my opinion it sounds a lot different than a stock Sustainor. Hotter. More treble.
And a shameless plug, I have a home modified Rev20 available for anyone interested.
They do sound great!!!
GuitarBuilder

Post by GuitarBuilder »

What are you using for amplification and speakers?
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

GB,

Right now all three are going into an ART MX622 3-channel stereo mixer and straight into my Roland DS-7 studio monitors.

Intend to eventually run them through the super rare (mine is the only one I've ever seen!) Rockman 160 and into my JBL MR915s (or maybe my JBL 4312s).

And, of course, I could also run them through either of my Rockman stage heads with Rockman 500s and Rockman speaker cabinets.

Very respectfully,

Sunburst
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.