Final words about the Rockman experience

A family of high-end analog DI and effects gear.
dreamevil

Final words about the Rockman experience

Post by dreamevil »

First met with Rockman gear in 2009 and tried few of them. (IIB, X100, Sustainor, Chorus/Delay) I've been trying to use the clean tone of Rockman(esp CLEAN2) without hum or hiss for years but at last i give up. I searched everywhere on the web, i asked in this forum many times. I made referbs many times with high quality components (original transformers, original adapters, quality jacks etc). Even i try with quality noise gates still no solution for noise. I could use X100 without any strange noise with batteries only. So i need an advice for an alternative of getting CLEAN2 tone from another gear(s).
Thanks.
RockmanCentralBob

Re: Final words about the Rockman experience

Post by RockmanCentralBob »

Well, Clean 2 is pretty clean, so not sure why you would be getting a lot of hum.
That's usually a ground loop problem.
As for hiss, the Clean 2 setting has the highs boosted pretty hard, so that sounds normal to have some hiss.

I would try either an MXR Smart Gate or an ISP Decimator G-String.
dreamevil

Post by dreamevil »

I tried both with G String Pedal and Hush Rack, Sustainor has a huge hum(even in CLN2). I'm going to try the CLN2 sound with comp,eq,bbe pedals so i need advices.
RockmanCentralBob

Post by RockmanCentralBob »

dreamevil wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:37 pm I tried both with G String Pedal and Hush Rack, Sustainor has a huge hum(even in CLN2). I'm going to try the CLN2 sound with comp,eq,bbe pedals so i need advices.
If you have that much of a hum problem, then it could be how your home is wired and/or how you have all of your equipment plugged in, causing a ground loop. It could also be the guitar pickups and/or your lighting (if you have florescent lights, then that could be a big problem).
dreamevil

Post by dreamevil »

I have many other pedals, amps using. I have never issues like that. So can you suggest me a comp and eq to tone like CLN2 please?
mavrim

Post by mavrim »

I'm hearing a whooshing up down pulsing sound only on CLN2 when chorus is on. When I touch guitar strings it lessens and gets worse with hands off the guitar. When guitar cord is plugged into the rockman and you touch the tip on cord, you hear that sound much louder. This happening on 3 units right now, worse on the ultralight. From what I gather, its coming from the chorus section. Using batteries. I was told to try replacing the 555 timer on the ultralight, but crazy to replace every timer in every rockman.
rbc
Site Admin

Post by rbc »

You may have checked already, but having a quiet input to a Rockman is very important. The compressor will highlight any noise that comes along, and the chorus will just make it more obvious because of the sweep.

On the other hand, if you are sure that your not injecting any noise into the Rockman input, you may very well have some kind of failure.
Keep rockman-gearup.com advertising free. Make a contribution: https://paypal.me/rockmangearup/5/
GuitarBuilder

Post by GuitarBuilder »

+1

The Chorus simply makes excessive noise on the input more noticeable. Your guitar needs better grounding for sure. Check for any shielding issues inside the case.