The UDG

The Rockman stomp boxes, including the Ultimatum Distortion Generator and Acoustic Guitar Pedal.
iZheil9152

The UDG

Post by iZheil9152 »

Go to the members section for more info...
Last edited by iZheil9152 on Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Guitarvamp

Re: It's 2014, Can I Make a UDG Now?

Post by Guitarvamp »

Even if it is now legal to share the information, there is a huge difference between sharing that information and wanting to share the information. ;)
iZheil9152

Post by iZheil9152 »

Aw, Vamp, you're no fun. :)
Guitarvamp

Post by Guitarvamp »

You can't get mad at the messenger. 8-)
darthoverdrive

Post by darthoverdrive »

I don’t know what the original question was since it was edited out but by the post subject it had something to do with making a UDG pedal.

My answer in short, there is nothing to stop you from making your own copy of any pedal out there. If you want to take the time and trace out a pedal and build your own, you can. You wouldn't be the first person here to do it and certainly not the last.
Guitarvamp

Post by Guitarvamp »

darthoverdrive wrote:I don’t know what the original question was since it was edited out but by the post subject it had something to do with making a UDG pedal.
If I remember correctly, they were requesting schematics.
darthoverdrive

Re: ---

Post by darthoverdrive »

That makes sense and so does your previous comment about sharing and wanting to share.

I recently emailed Dunlop tech support about schematics for the DG and compressor. They replied they don't give out schematics and to seek help online for any type of repairs. Schematics are out there but good luck getting your hands on some.
iZheil9152

Re: ---

Post by iZheil9152 »

I don’t know what the original question was since it was edited out but by the post subject it had something to do with making a UDG pedal.
If I remember correctly, they were requesting schematics.
Not schematics, per se... just values. I found a PCB layout for the UDG online somewhere and fixed it up to to the point where I could replicate it at home. Jark made it, it had part numbers (R11, C9, U1, etc) and I was just looking for a source to get the values. When I found one I didn't want him to google this and see I was that desperate :D , so I removed the OP. Doesn't matter anyways, my source was too afraid to mess up the pedal mechanism to get a clear picture of the PCB...
darthoverdrive

Post by darthoverdrive »

I'll take some pictures of mine and post them but it will be a few days. I had it apart last weekend but not to the point where the component side was exposed. To do that I'd need to remove the four control pot nuts and the in/out jack nuts. I was busy playing with the pedal and didn't go that far.

I have the image of the PCB your talking about. From what little I was able to compare it looked identical to the UDG board traces.