x100 Input Issue

The definitive headphone guitar amp.
Journxy

x100 Input Issue

Post by Journxy »

Was playing earlier with headphones in my x100 on my belt and all of the sudden the input cut out. I did multiple tests to ensure it was the input that wasn't working, then took it apart. All I did was take it apart and re-assemble it and it fixed it. I believe the control panel may have been out of place preventing the quarter cable from contacting in the jack. But just to be sure, I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue that was far more than the panel, like an internal issue. I would just like to know incase my problem is far bigger than I thought. For details, I tried multiple different headphones and even the AUX output and I could hear the amp turn on and off and make noise when I switched channels, but there was 0 guitar input. When I took it apart the panel fell off of the amp itself so that's what makes me think it was out of place.
mavrim

Re: x100 Input Issue

Post by mavrim »

Check on the input jack if solder is loose on any or all 3 contacts. I have seen jacks with solder cracked all around the pin and its floating withing the solder. I had a rock module with 3 loose rear jacks.
GuitarBuilder

Re: x100 Input Issue

Post by GuitarBuilder »

+1

You may still have intermittent solder joints or wires.