XP100 Handle Dimensions

Discuss troubleshooting and repair.
dansgrandpapa

XP100 Handle Dimensions

Post by dansgrandpapa »

Hey All,
I hear I am lucky to have a handle so...

All the Best
Doug
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dansgrandpapa

Re: XP100 Handle Dimensions

Post by dansgrandpapa »

and...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Inventive

Post by Inventive »

Wow, amazing detail. Thank you!
Inventive

Post by Inventive »

The handle appears to have a top rectangular cover plate. Is that correct?
dansgrandpapa

Post by dansgrandpapa »

You are welcome!

Yup there's a cover plate,
Seems to be aluminum.
4.5625" x 1.4375" x .031"

So I think this gives you all of the numbers you will need to create a new handle assy, whichever method you choose to use.
Sorry I didn't make a CAD file (my license expired), but anyone versed at 3D CAD could whip out a model in 10 minutes tops and then you could use a 3D printer.

Doing this little exercise I noticed the second "unused" slot in bottom of the handle (see photo "rockman xp handle FWD dims").
Its function is unclear, perhaps it was the original slot, I just don't know. The handle is not reversible, so its a mystery to me. I guess it could have been
from a calculation used to find the center of gravity that perhaps changed while the XP100 series was in development.
Or maybe it was used in manufacturing as an ejection pin point for the molding process, who knows.
Long and short of it is you will not need that slot to make the handle work, but if you wanna be faithful to original, you have the math to include it
in your rendition.

Good LUCK! Post a picture if you use this data! Love to see the results!

All the Best!
Doug